Indonesia Global Compact Network (IGCN) is a local network of United Nations Global Compact in Indonesia, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative. It was launched on April 8, 2006 in Jakarta during the UNESCAP Conference attended by all delegates. A call to companies to align strategies and operations with universal principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and take actions that advance societal goals. UN Global Compact works with business, NGOs and academia to reach the common goals of sustainable development.
To be a respectable agent of change in accelerating country transformation towards the achievement of human rights, competitive labor, sustainable environment, and ethical business practices.
To promote, facilitate and implement the UN Global Compact Principles in Indonesia.
- Promoting the UN Global Compact Principles and its initiatives to various entities in a wider circle
- Facilitating dialogues/discussions for members on development and other issues (both local firms and subsidiaries of foreign corporations) concerning the implementation of the UN Global Compact Principles
- Conducting trainings and sharing of experiences for members and disseminating information and the direction from the UN Global Compact Head Office
- Creating co operation opportunities through multi-stakeholder engagement and collective actions
- Ensuring timely submission of Communication on Progress (COP) by members and network.