USAID SEGAR is seeking a long-term Green Supply Chain Specialist (GSCS) to support the implementation of SEGAR Activity in East Kalimantan province, particularly three intervention districts; Berau, Kutai Timur, Mahakam Ulu. This position will be based potentially in Samarinda or in one of the intervention district.
USAID’s SEGAR Activity seeks to advance Indonesia’s own development goals of balancing biodiversity conservation and sustainable land use with inclusive economic and livelihoods development. USAID SEGAR contributes to the 2020 – 2025 USAID Indonesia Country Development Cooperation Strategy, Development Objective 3: Environmental Sustainability Improved, and Intermediate Result 1, Natural Resource Management Improved. To achieve the overall goal, USAID SEGAR will achieve the following two objectives:
- Strengthened inclusive environmental governance in targeted subnational jurisdictions that advances biodiversity conservation, sustainable forest management, and sustainable land use.
- Increased implementation of environmental and social sustainability goals within private sector natural resource commodity production supply chains that reduces threats to biodiversity and greenhouse gas emissions from land use.
USAID SEGAR works in four regions with total twelve intervention districts; Aceh (Aceh Tamiang, Aceh Utara, Aceh Timur); West Kalimantan (Ketapang, Kubu Raya, Sanggau, Sintang); East Kalimantan (Berau, Kutai Timur, Mahakam Ulu);Central Kalimantan (Seruyan, Kotawaringin Barat)
- Provide technical input to support the involvement and mobilization of companies, business networks, financial institutions, smallholders, and investors in green supply chains and the potential for low-emission land use practices and technologies.
- Support supply chain mapping for potential commodities in each site and map drivers for the creation of economic value through sustainable land use and other conservation activities.
- Facilitate productive partnerships and develop a pipeline of enterprises in the selected supply chains with the potential to sustain and scale up low emission land use investments.
- Work closely with Private Sector Engagement Lead, Environmental Governance Lead, Biodiversity Conservation Lead, Community Engagement Lead, and relevant specialists to engage private sector actors to promote awareness and expand business practices.
- Work closely with Community Engagement Lead, Community Development Specialist and Conservation Enterprise Specialist to facilitate activities to strengthen smallholders´ participation in green supply chains as well as strengthening village level environmental governance.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic progress reports and assist with monitoring relevant Activity indicators and evaluating program results.
- Preferably domiciled in the province of activity operations.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in economics, agronomy, or another field related to private sector engagement and smallholder development.
- At least 5 years of experience working in value chain and/or market development -related work.
- Sound knowledge of value chain analysis;
- Extensive experience and established networks with local and national private sector actors involved in natural resource commodity supply chains applying environmental and social standards.
- Expertise in environmental and social standards for natural resource commodity supply chains and advising private sector actors in applying these standards.
- Sound knowledge of financing mechanisms for commodity producers, from smallholders to large producers, to promote more sustainable practices in collaboration with local and regional financing facilities.
- Proven ability to work with private sector actors, all levels of government, NGOs, and
smallholder communities, building mutual understanding of environmental and social
- Proven ability to work in a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally and in writing.
- Ability to travel on occasion domestically and regionally.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV or Resume to SEGARrecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “GSEK – Your Name”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.