Effective Operations Management involves the responsibility of ensuring business operations are efficient in terms of using as few resources as needed, and effective in terms of meeting customer requirements. It is managing the processes that convert inputs i.e. materials, labor, and energy etc into outputs i.e. goods/services. The relationship of operation managers to senior management can be compared to the relationship of line officers to highest-level senior officers in military. The highest-level officers design strategies and revise them over time, while the line officers make tactical decisions in support of carrying out the strategy. In business, the boundaries between levels are not always distinct; tactical information dynamically informs strategy, and individual people often move between roles over time.
Effective financial management, on the other hand, requires you to adapt, with speed and precision, to an increasingly complex business environment. The role of financial managers today goes far beyond handling a multitude of daily transactions. You must also help drive company performance by sharing valuable information hidden in transactional data and adapting processes fluidly as business conditions and regulatory environments change.
The right combination of Operations and Financial Management tools are essential to any organization’s success. This training gives you the right mix of knowledge from both areas and the skills you need in order to provide tight alignment between business strategies and operations while improving your financial status and other factors affecting business performance.
- Operations Managers, Finance Officers, Procurement Managers, Administrators, Supervisors, Inventory Managers, General Managers, Business Unit Managers, Quality Managers, Project Managers, and Finance and Operations Management Consultants.
- Entrepreneurs, Managing Directors, NGO owners, Administration Officers and Professional staff from related functions
- Operations Management Strategies; Capacity Planning
- Facilities Location Planning
- Materials Requirement Planning
- Application of Operations Management Systems: Inventory Management
- Ensuring Quality in Operations
- Decision areas in Operations such as Cost, Quality, Time, Flexibility and Capacity
- Innovation Management, Methods of Production, cost of Production, Process Control, Planning and Scheduling
- Facilities Planning and Automations – Smart Buildings
- Project Selection and Initiation, Planning, Financing, Scheduling and Resource Allocation, Risk, Communication, Control, Evaluation and Termination
- Quality Management: The Frameworks, Tools and Techniques necessary to implement Product Development and Operations Improvements
- Issues in Business Logistics and Information Systems for Coordinating Operations
- Basic concepts in Finance: Time value of money, Financial Statements quick overview and Financial Performance Analysis.
- Keys to Financial Success
- Financial Planning Principles
- Planning and Budgeting Tools
- Importance of Cash Management in Operations
- Cutting the Budget: Reductions and Reallocations
- Tax Management
- Reporting and Accountability
- Understanding a general operations framework in the organization
- Experiential analysis to understand the challenges faced by Operations and Finance Managers
- Understanding the functions and practices of Operations and Finance Managers
- Insights on how to develop strategies, initiatives and programs to introduce and sustain competitive operations and finance system in the organization
- Different best practices, tools and models to develop and implement effective operations and Financial Management system
The seminar uses a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual exercises, mini-case studies, role plays and syndicate discussions. Formal inputs are used to introduce underpinning theory. A key part of the learning process is sharing the differing experiences participants bring, as well as experimenting with novel – and sometimes challenging – techniques. A psychometric instrument will be used to generate a personality profile, which will contribute to your understanding of your preferences and personal style.
3550$ Fee covers: Visa, Participant Assessments, Airport pickup, 7 days Accommodation with wifi & breakfast, Lunch & Refreshments, Workshop Kit, Practical Activities, Program Materials, International Certificate of Completion & Entertaining Tour.