Unlock insights in your organisation
Find out how your organisation can learn from its experiences to become more innovative, responsive and efficient:
develop a culture that harnesses the know-how and experience of your people
make knowledge accessible to everyone who needs it, by building knowledge sharing into everyday operations.
Why choose this course
This unique course is designed for development professionals who have an interest in information and knowledge management and knowledge sharing approaches. It is ideal for managers of teams and departments, especially for those who recognise the value of sharing beyond organisational silos. monitoring and evaluation specialists wanting to help others interpret, share and use their insights benefit from this course. Communications, learning and development, and IT specialists find it equally valuable.
What you will learn
Through a mix of practical activities, theory and case study examples you will learn how to:
- create an enabling environment within your own organisation that encourages knowledge sharing
- apply knowledge sharing tools and techniques in practice
- take advantage of emerging opportunities in the use of information, communication and technology for knowledge sharing
- do a knowledge management assessment of your organisation
- develop and implement a knowledge management strategy within your organisation
Daily Course Objectives
Subject to change to reflect participants’ needs.
Knowledge management fundamentals
- understand the fundamentals of knowledge management and its benefits for your organisation
- align knowledge management with your organisation’s strategy and objectives
- identify the key components of knowledge management
- understand the cultural and behavioural elements of knowledge management
- development the right environment for knowledge sharing and overcoming challenges.
Promoting self reflection
- discuss the role of KM in an organisation
- identify where KM is situated in your organisation
- make the best use of organisational assessments
- generate meaningful lessons learned.
Maximise knowledge sharing and learning opportunities
- recognise and maximise learning opportunities in the project cycle
- identify knowledge champions
- exchange current examples of information communication technology (ITC) and social media tools
- explore and apply knowledge sharing techniques and processes
Knowledge management strategy
- conduct a knowledge management assessment and situational analysis
- challenges and successes in developing and implementing a knowledge management strategy
- learn from practical lessons, challenges and recommendations to develop knowledge management in your organisation.
What our participants say
“Since participating on this very useful knowledge management workshop I am now engaged in IFAD’s country KM strategy, strengthening KM in our projects and forming a KM group.”
Ahmed Subahi, Country Programme Officer, IFAD, Sudan
“This course was very helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed the participatory discussions. It was fun learning – I particularly like how the course was structured and how everything came together nicely. The interactions and feedback were meaningful and sincere.”
Shadiyana Begum, Research Associate, UNFPA Pacific Sub-Regional Office, Republic of Fiji
“Great course, which I really enjoyed and helped me in my work.”
Giovanni Capannelli, Principle Economist, Asian Development Bank, Philippines