Given the insecure and often rapidly changing environments in which aid agencies work, safety and security management is not an optional extra.
This three-day intensive course will enable participants to identify the key requirements for managing security in complex emergencies and conflict zones by practicing essential techniques in risk management, security assessment and crisis response.The course draws on field case studies, the current humanitarian environment and the security management practices used by humanitarian bodies internationally.
- Environmental scanning
- Threat, vulnerability and risk assessment
- Application of risk standards and models
- Incident response, analysis, reporting and information management
- Security strategies, policy and planning
- Skills and resources required to implement a security plan
- Crisis management
- Operational continuity
- Team management through security programming
- Psycho-social support
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of key security management skills and their use in relation to setting and achieving programme goals when managing humanitarian emergencies
- Work effectively in reviewing and enhancing security management practice and procedures in the field
- Evaluate on personal performance and that of others in relation to security in emergencies
- Communicate effectively to different audiences in the field humanitarian of practice using appropriate media
Program Fee: $2550
Fee Covers: Visa, Participant Assessments, Airport pickup, Accommodation with wifi & breakfast, Lunch & Refreshments,Workshop Kit, Program Materials, and International Certificate of Completion & Entertaining Tour.