This two-day workshop tackles the rewards and risks involved in executing procurements in USAID-funded assistance programs. Well-planned, well-executed procurement contributes to effective and compliant programming. Poor understanding of processes and procedures in this area raises the risk of funder audits and compliance reviews. If you want to learn more about how to develop and implement the right mix of procurement procedures, systems, and controls, this workshop is for you. Designed in a highly participatory style, the course provides you with the knowledge and tools you need to effectively manage all aspects of procurement that are typically required in project implementation.
This course is one of three required to earn InsideNGO’s Certificate in USAID Assistance Management.
USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
In addition to individual participants, InsideNGO encourages teams of employees to attend this workshop together, to build and reinforce a culture of effective procurement planning. Those who will benefit include staff with responsibility in:
- Procurement (including those who develop procurement budgets and those who implement, monitor and report on procurement)
- Finance, compliance, and audit
- Program and administration
- New business development
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This workshop explores ways to plan and implement procurement tools and systems effectively under both normal and unusual circumstances. You will learn how to:
- Plan procurement based on programmatic needs
- Navigate through each of the key steps in the procurement process including establishing specifications of goods; requesting and evaluating bids; selecting vendors; ensuring quality in procurement; and documenting the procurement process
- Identify and reduce organizational risks related to procurement execution
- Establish processes to ensure compliance with USAID requirements, including full and open competition, prior approvals, waivers, and restrictions on goods and services
- Manage revisions to the budget and other changes that affect procurement including budget reductions, revised specifications, price fluctuations, and procurement in disaster situations
THE INSIDE NGO ADVANTAGE
For 40 years, InsideNGO has been “inside” the NGO community, supporting organizations as they address the world’s most pressing social issues. We are widely recognized as the leader in US government assistance compliance training. Our training activities are designed to help you and your organization build capacity, strengthen decision-making, develop more efficient systems, and identify effective solutions to important challenges. Our learning programs are modeled on the best practices in adult learning. In today’s complex operating environment, learning has never been more important, and we take great pride in being your partner in professional and organizational development.
Early: Sept. 14 ($820 for InsideNGO Members, $1,030 for Non-Members) Regular: Oct. 5 ($925 for Members, $1,135 for Non-Members) Late: Oct. 26 ($1,030 for Members, $1,240 for Non-Members)