We offer highly discounted fees for applicants from Relief and Development, so as to further our mission of building capacity in under served areas.
Please get in touch with us for details.
This training course in Influence and Persuasion helps to master the skills required to influence and persuade others in a variety of areas. It is highly participative, particularly helpful to individuals new or not in receipt of any previous training in minute taking or administration of meetings. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
By the end of this one day training course, the participants will have:
- Identified all the actions needed to prepare and set up a meeting effectively to ensure maximum attendance
- Learnt how to write and issue agendas and convening notices
- Worked with the chairman during the meeting, and obtained his/her help with their minute taking
- Discussed how to behave confidently and assertively as a key person at meetings
- Obtained clarification and identified the decisions of the meeting
- Taken notes during a meeting and converted them into effective minutes
Preparing for an effective meeting -Types of meetings
- Duties of a meeting administrator – before, during and after a meeting
- Preparing the meeting room – identifying the participants
- Revolving flipchart exercise, review of checklist, facilitated whole group discussion
Meeting agendas -Producing agendas and convening notices
- Facilitator presentation, pairs exercise, facilitated group review
Contributing at the meeting -Taking notes
- Supporting the chair
- Obtaining clarification assertively
- Facilitated group discussion, pairs practice exercise, facilitated learning review
Minute writing -Format
- Best practice
- Small group exercise, facilitated group review and discussion
Practice meeting -Contributing agenda item
- Leading agenda point discussion
- Effective minute taking
- Large group simulated meeting exercise, with facilitated group review
Minute taking practice -Review of notes
- Converting notes into final minutes
- Individual exercise, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection -Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection, action planning exercise with co-coaching, facilitated group review
Who should Attend?
People with all levels of experience who wish to improve their effectiveness at taking minutes of meetings.
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.