Indonesia Global Compact Network (IGCN) is a local network of United Nations Global Compact in Indonesia. It was launched on April 8, 2006 in Jakarta during the UNESCAP Conference attended by all delegates. Twenty-two companies and organizations made a mutual commitment and signed the pledge to support, promote, and implement the United Nations Global Compact Principles.
The UN Global Compact is the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative with over 15,000+ participants in 170 countries. The UN Global Compact is a call to companies to align strategies and operations with universal principles on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption, and take actions that advance the societal goals.
IGCN promotes business networking, collaborative project opportunities, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices of responsible and sustainable business among its members and potential indicators.
To be a respectable agent of change in accelerating country transformation towards the achievement of human rights, competitive labor, sustainable environment, and ethical business practices.
To promote, facilitate and implement the UN Global Compact Principles in Indonesia.
- Promoting the UN Global Compact Principles and its initiatives to various entities in a wider circle
- Facilitating dialogues/discussions for members on development and other issues (both local firms and subsidiaries of foreign corporations) concerning the implementation of the UN Global Compact Principles
- Conducting trainings and sharing of experiences for members and disseminating information and the direction from the UN Global Compact Head Office
- Creating co operation opportunities through multi-stakeholder engagement and collective actions
- Ensuring timely submission of Communication on Progress (COP) by members and network.