ICCO is an independent non-governmental organization with business features. Our aim is to secure the livelihoods and rights of farmers and small businesses in low and middle-income countries. Despite the fall in the number of people living in extreme poverty in the past decades, poverty remains pervasive and inequalities continue to increase. Millions of people are unable to realize their full potential.
We envision a world where people are empowered to build sustainable livelihoods within a society that upholds their rights. Our mission is to strengthen sustainable agricultural systems and realize resilient communities, with a special focus on women and youth.
Key points in our strategy are:
- Targeting small and medium enterprises
- Focus on women
- Fulfillment of different roles: developer, implementer, advocate
- Use of digital technologies to underpin impact
- Application of a tailored mix of financial instruments
- Cooperation in public-private partnerships
- Understanding the impact of religion on development