Indonesian Pole & Line and Handline Fisheries Association (AP2HI) is founded on the needs of the pole & line and handline industry players to unite their aspiration in a legal organization. It was formally established in 2012 in the International Coastal Tuna Business Forum (ICTBF).
As one of the largest global tuna suppliers, pole & line and handline industry in Indonesia has helped supporting the coastal communities to earn their living. Our vision is to achieve sustainable fishery business (sustainable fisheries). AP2HI membership ranges in all tuna processing chain in Indonesia, both from fishermen and fishing companies to the processing industry. Our efforts in supporting sustainable fishery are done by actively innovating the industry to keep improving on its efficiency so as to meet the demand and regulations in the international market. We also encourage the use of natural resources owned by Indonesia in a fair, transparent, and sustainable way.
AP2HI’s Vision is pioneering tuna fisheries development through an ecosystem approach for business and society.
AP2HI’s Mission is as follow:
- To raise aspirations from the members so that they manage to carry out fair and sustainable fishery;
- To promote pole & line and handline fishery as one of catching tools that has good opportunity to get ecolabel certification;
- As a dialogue partner between the government and Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in developing pole & line and handline fisheries in Indonesia;
- To help expanding specific markets for pole & line and handline products;
- To bridge the upstream-downstream fishery system for pole & line and handline products based on traceability principles as stipulated in the FIP (Fisheries Improvement Project).