Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. In Indonesia, Plan International operates since 1969, and in 2017 Yayasan Plan International Indonesia (Plan Indonesia) was established as a national entity of Plan International in Indonesia. Plan Indonesia is currently implementing its Country Strategy 4 (CS 4) covering the fiscal year 2018 to 2022, where the country’s purpose is in line with the global Plan International’s Purpose “to advance children’s rights and equality for girls”. Our ambition is to enable at least 1 million girls and young women to learn (gain skills for work), lead (empower to take action on issues that matter to them), decide (have control over their own lives and bodies), and thrive (grow healthy and protected from violence). It means that we will take action to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children, especially girls, and young women from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society. This goal will be achieved by implementing quality programmes and projects as well as influencing decision-makers and key stakeholders to make the required changes.
The YHP aims to support the health rights and wellbeing of young people in marginalised communities worldwide through research, advocacy, and on-the-ground programmes that are focused on the prevention of non-communicable diseases (NCDs). With a commitment to support and defend the health, wellbeing, and rights of young people, in Jakarta. In addressing the health needs of young people, the YHP takes a holistic approach that mainstreams gender equality, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and mental health. Given the significant cross over and influence of these areas on NCD risk behaviours, and since these areas are fundamental barriers to young people leading healthy lives, creating positive changes in the lives and health of young people requires an approach in which these areas are addressed and challenged. The project will engage strategies including youth empowerment through peer education, community mobilization, health service strengthening, and advocacy.
The Project Assistant will support and assist YHP Project Officer in the implementation and the achievement of the project objectives which relates to prevention or reduction of the risk behaviours which can lead to NCDs, as well as supporting the broader health and rights of young people. S/he is responsible for successful implementation of the YHP project and growing the project portfolio. S/he will support the YHP Project Officer to strengthen the Adolescent Health and Agency (AHA) programme management.
Dimensions of the Role
- The post holder reports to the YHP Project Officer (North and West Jakarta) with overall supervision by YHP Project Manager.
- Support the Project Officer in the project planning, implementation, budgeting and monitoring evaluation in project area.
- Support the Project Officer to proactively work to influence, support and collaboratively working with local government related to sexual and reproductive health issues at district level, as well as schools.
- Support Project Officer to engage in advocacy, networking and coordination in the project area, and ensuring children and young people particularly girls and women are benefiting from the project.
- Together with Project Officer be responsible for the application of the peer education model to obtain clear and correct information on issues of NCDs, as well as integrate cross-cutting issues such as gender equality, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), mental health into programme activities.
Program implementation in line with the project design and planning
- Conduct day to day activities in target project location.
- Ensure all project activities are implemented in timely manner in accordance with project design and planning.
- Support Project Officer to monitor, coordinate, and supervise Peer Educators on the implementation of all activities.
- Support Project Officer to develop and implement the scaling up strategies as well as sustainability.
- Support Project Officer to ensure project data collection and verification to avoid double counting and reported to Project Manager.
- Working collaboratively with technical advisor/specialist in CO and field level for cross-cutting issue such as gender and inclusion, participation, safeguarding.
Communication, Monitoring and Reporting
- Support Project Officer in conducting day to day monitoring to target project location and facilitate discussion and coordination between stakeholders and school components as beneficiaries.
- Maintain positive communication and coordination with Project Officer, Project Manager and AHA team on project planning and Implementation.
- Support Project Officer to work together with Project MER Officer to monitor project indicators progress and expenditure of project activities.
- Support the preparation of progress reports for internal Plan in monthly basis and/or others basis if needed.
- Collaborate with communications team to implement communications strategy and advocacy.
- Support Project Officer to monitor Peer Educators performance, provide feedback, and recommend necessary follow-up actions.
- Provide support in developing and implementing project influencing strategy and planning at school and community level to promote NCD and SRHR, in collaboration with advocacy team.
Networks, partnership and Learning
- Support YHP Project Team to establish external networks in order to strengthen the implementation of project, to exchange experiences and to scale up program implementation.
- Support YHP Project Team to maintaining high quality relationship with external networks, such as government stakeholders, youth forum, and school components
- Support YHP Project Team in facilitate learning process of internal development at district and provincial level.
- Support advocacy and influencing effort in developing SRHR related policy and programming at different level.
- Support YHP Project Team to develop project documentation showing learning and best practices emerged during project implementation.
- Seek innovation and put in place improved learning practices within and outside the program.
Financial and Administration
- Support the Project Officer preparing and ensuring administration and financial support document of project activities according to the implementation and expenditure.
- Support YHP Project Team to overse and administer the day-today activities of the project; follow the policies, procedures, and systems of Plan International Indonesia which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Support Project Officer to organize and facilitate project meeting, conferences and other special event; coordinate and attends meeting, and participates in discussion as appropriate in district level (when required).
- Project Officer: Day to day coordination, project implementation guidance and technical support.
- Project Manager: Project implementation guidance and substantial support.
- Project MER Officer: Data collection and analysis; Project MER Framework and project progress.
- Adolescent Health and Agency Program Manager: Substantial and Management guidance for project implementation.
- MER Specialist: Coordination of project MER framework and implementation objectives to be consistent with Country, Global and Advocacy priority.
- Communication Specialist: coordination of project communication plan implementation
- GESI Specialists: provide guidance on the strategic direction of the project in relation to the achievement of the project milestone and outcome
- Government stakeholders at district, sub-district and Kelurahan
- District youth network/forum
- School components
- Health professionals, offices and centres
- Civil Society Organization
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in Public Health/Social Welfare/Community Development/others relevant field.
- At least 2 years of experience working in community organizing.
- Experience in working with young people
- Experience of managing project day to day implementation, delivering on obligations and a good awareness of project requirements and priorities.
- Good analytical skill, well informed about methods to capture change/results of project implementation.
- Skill in a diversity of partnerships, NGOs, research and government.
- Has cross-cultural skills and a demonstrated ability to influence change without direct authority, and to work successfully with farmers and professionals.
- Good interpersonal communication and facilitation skills for mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Possess good judgement to deal with conflict.
- Able to work both in team and independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, and cross units.
- Commitment to safeguarding and code of conduct implementation.
- Commitment to Fraud awareness policy.
- Knowledge on IT-based/innovation project implementation.
- Good understanding about SRHR concept and practices.
- Good Knowledge on and Practices of Safeguarding.
- Have a good grip of the implementing area, North Jakarta and West Jakarta
- Fair in listening and speaking in English.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
Based in Country Office (Jakarta) with at least 90% monitoring and travel to projects areas, government offices and schools/communities in North and West Jakarta City Administrations.
Level of contact with children
High contact: Intensive interaction with children/young people (10-24 years old)
- Salary Offer 6.600.000 - 7.500.000 IDR