Issue Date: 8 March 2019
Closing Date: 29 March 2019
Vacancy Notice No: WR/INO/19/002 (SSA)
Title: Programme Operations Assistant (Roster Recruitment)
Duty Station: Jakarta and other Field locations (Indonesia)
Grade: Level 5 step 11 (SSA – support function)
Organizational Location: WHO Country Office – Indonesia, Jakarta
Contract type: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Duration: 12 (twelve) months
Annual salary: In accordance with WHO Salary Scale for SSA support function at Level 5 Step 11 (IDR 14,235,250 per month)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
To provide operational and logistic support to WHO Country Office in implementation of all national programmes.
The vacancy notice serves to establish roster of Programme Operations Assistants for WHO Indonesia based in multiple locations.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of Administrative Officer (AO) and general guidance of the Respective Technical Officer, the incumbent provides variety of administrative and logistic support to ensure the efficient daily running of the office as follows:
- Provide support for Managers and teams to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions.
- Oversee and monitor the information flow of the Unit/Team screening, sorting, analyzing and identifying areas requiring action by the team lead/team members.
- Draft general or administrative correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions; finalize correspondence/reports for signature/clearance.
- Create and maintain filing systems; continual review of filing system to ensure information is up to date and effectively and efficiently used.
- Prepare all necessary documentations, do quality administrative checks before approval, upload all relevant documents in the system.
- Coordinate compilation of technical documents to ensure they are logically compiled, formatted and assembled to facilitate the work of the Team/Unit.
- Ensure the implementation processes are followed and financial reports are completed at the end of each activity.
- Using appropriate tracking tools, follow-up on and ensure that target dates and deadlines are met, and that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Arrange and coordinate administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, including: preparing event plans in system, letters of invitation, cost estimates and travel requests; assisting with preparation of documents; dispatching of materials and liaising with participants and others involved.
- Prepare travel requests for official WHO travels, make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and deal with other related matters as requested or on own initiative.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required and assigned by supervisor and senior management.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ETC.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical skills and highly goal oriented
- Knowledge of UN/ Public Sector financial and administrative regulations
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team setting
- Ability to work in harmony with national/international staff of WHO and Ministry of Health
- Ability to prepare good presentations and draft high-quality reports and official documents
Essential: University (bachelor) degree in area of Administration, Management, Finance, Project Management or equivalent from a recognized university
Desirable: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management or equivalent
Essential: At least 3 (three) years of solid experience in the field of general administration, project management, event management, travel or related
Desirable: Experience working for UN agencies or international organizations is a plus
Fluent written and spoken English (Essential)
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Work is performed in normal working environment. Extensive computer skills including the specialized software; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; Excellent organizational and inter-personal skills; ability to work unsupervised.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED