Issue Date: 8 March 2019
Closing Date: 29 March 2019
Vacancy Notice No: WR/INO/19/003 (SSA)
Title: Finance/Compliance Assistant (Roster Recruitment)
Duty Station: Jakarta and other field locations (Indonesia)
Grade: Level 5 step 11 (SSA – support function)
Organizational Location: WHO Country Office – Indonesia, Jakarta
Contract type: Special Service Agreement (SSA)
Duration: 12 (twelve) months
In accordance with WHO Salary Scale for SSA support function at Level 5 Step 11 (IDR 14,235,250 per month)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
To provide support to WHO Country Office in areas of financial management, accounting and compliance in the context of implementation of all national programmes.
The vacancy notice serves to establish roster of Finance/Compliance Assistants for WHO Indonesia based in multiple locations.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of Administrative Officer (AO) and general guidance of the Respective Technical Officer, the incumbent performs a variety of financial, administrative, coordinating and monitoring services to ensure the efficient daily running of the Office as follows:
- Maintain financial records for the office, including running of the Imprest account; prepare and submit financial reports to relevant unit.
- Complete cash/advance reconciliations; manage the Office petty cash; prepare monthly Imprest accounts and other related financial statements and reports.
- Advise staff on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters. Review all financial documents prior to payment and effects correct and timely payments.
- Control paying the contractual partners (hotels, travel agencies, printing companies and etc.) and monitor that all supporting documents (invoices, contract, act of acceptance, etc.) are attached and properly signed, stamped and an in accordance with the delegation of authority, before making any payments.
- Assist with periodic in-depth review of Imprest background documentation and related Country Office expenditure.
- Assist with gathering background information for ad hoc reports on specified areas of interest for compliance review to Management when requested.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required and assigned by supervisor and senior management.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ETC:
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical skills and solid knowledge of the accounting and financial management.
- Knowledge of accounting database software
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team setting
- Ability to work in harmony with national/international staff of WHO and Ministry of Health
- Ability to prepare good presentations and write clear reports.
Essential: University (bachelor) degree in area of Accounting, Finance, Administration or equivalent from a recognized university
Desirable: Master’s degree in Financial Management, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
Essential: At least 3 (three) years of solid experience in the field of accounting, finance, administration, compliance or equivalent
Desirable: Experience working for UN agencies or international organizations is a plus
Fluent written and spoken English (Essential)
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Work is performed in normal working environment. Extensive computer skills including the specialized software; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; Excellent organizational and inter- personal skills; ability to work unsupervised.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.