Indonesia Research Institute for Decarbonization (IRID) is an Indonesia-based think tank focusing on policy analysis and policy advocacy to support decarbonization and resilient society. Established on 13 December 2020, IRID was founded with a strong vision to continuously promote decarbonized and climate-resilient development, not only in Indonesia but also at the global level.
IRID works in the areas of, but not limited to, climate policy and negotiation, carbon market, renewable energy policy and development, climate finance as well as the environment and climate law. IRID also aims to not only raise awareness but also to build the capacity of relevant stakeholders to make them be able to actively contribute in the efforts to achieve decarbonized and climate-resilient societies.
To fulfill its role as an active think tank and advocacy institution as well as for fundraising, IRID is looking for a website developer consultant that could help design and structure the organizational website to be in line with its purpose to build a strong branding and public image as a center of excellence.
The main purposes of the website are as follows:
- Increase the credibility of the organization in front of donors, government, civil society, and other related stakeholders; and
- Become a comprehensive platform to showcase IRID’s works and achievements, including knowledge and communication materials it has produced.
Furthermore, the aims of having a website developer consultant are to:
- Design and structure a website using an opensource platform;
- Developing website features as agreed.
Scope of Work
IRID requires a website developer to create and design one bilingual organizational website with the following scope of work:
- Propose a timeline for IRID website development project;
- Propose a modern and sleek design and structure for IRID website (WordPress-based);
- Build and develop the website based on the approved design and structure;
- Develop an operation manual on website management;
- Use simple, cost-effective techniques to test design with representative users before the launch of the website;
- Optimize the site for low bandwidth users and for mobile display;
- Provide the possibility to develop open APIs;
- Ensure browser compatibility. The site must be compatible with the current versions of the browsers commonly in use (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Chrome);
- Develop comprehensive search functionality to the website;
- Provide the possibility to develop additional functions as agreed with IRID. For example, integrated Twitter and Facebook posting (the website should be able to facilitate streaming of information between these different platforms), forum, calendar of events, etc.; and
- Provide a technical guarantee for the site for one year after project completion which include fixing bugs in the code, etc.
Main pages include menus such as:
- Who We Are This static page consists of general information about the organization such as the background of establishment, vision-mission, focus work, working area, and organizational structure.
- Program This dynamic page consists of information about the current program implemented by the organization.
- Publication This dynamic page will consist of publications produced by IRID (e.g. research, policy brief, policy analysis, book, guideline, module, etc.) that can be read and downloaded by visitors to be used as references.
- News and Blogs This dynamic page with regular updates will consist of IRID activity news, success stories from the field, opinion articles, media coverage, etc.
- Contact Us This page will be a contact form, IRID’s address, contact information, link to several IRID social media accounts.
In developing the website, the consultant should take consideration of the following Search Engine Optimization and site analysis:
- Keyword research & analysis
- Site analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Site content optimization
- HTML code optimization
- Search Engine submission (free search engines) Link exchange
- Web ranking report
The consultant should also pay close attention to the following elements (Read Annex 1 for further explanation):
- Website Usability
Website to compare as the benchmark:
- Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (https://chanzuckerberg.com/)
- Tifa Foundation (https://www.tifafoundation.id/)
- Center for Indonesian Policy Studies (https://www.cips-indonesia.org/)
- One proposed timeline of IRID website development project;
- One complete design of IRID website;
- One fully functioning IRID website;
- One website maintenance manual/guideline;
- At least one training session on website management for IRID staff; and
- Technical guarantee for the site for one year after project completion.
Period of Consultancy
The website development work should be finalized by April 2022. Kindly note, the consultant is required to provide a technical guarantee for the site for one year after project completion. The consultant is expected to provide a proposal and timeline for website development and work plan upon applying.
- At least have 5 years of experience in website design and development;
- Familiar working with non-profit or development projects;
- Familiar with web-hosting and website technical maintenance activities;
- Strong experience in developing WordPress-based websites;
- Understanding of End Users needs to match with adequate technical solutions;
- Strong track record in website design; security and administration; Google Analytics; Search Engine Optimization.