Three decades after ASEAN was established, ASEAN leaders recognized that: there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness and contact among people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that ASEAN leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Summit in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on 15 December 1997. The ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN and exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction and development of the people of ASEAN. For more information, visit: https://aseanfoundation.org
The ASEAN Foundation is extending its strategic partnership with SAP to implement the ASEAN Data Science Explorers (ASEAN DSE), an initiative that aims to enhance awareness and appreciation of the ASEAN Community among young people through digital literacy intervention that will be achieved through a data analytic competition targeting university students across the ASEAN region. A website http://www.aseandse.org has been developed and running to highlight the initiative as well as to provide comprehensive information on the initiative for both the targeted participants and broader audience. The website will be revamped to make it more user-friendly, fresh, structured, and youthful for the better promotion and communications of the programme in 2021. Therefore, the ASEAN Foundation through its joint initiatives with SAP will hire a web consultant to revamp and manage the ASEAN DSE website from January 2021 to 17 December 2021.
Reporting to the Project Manager for the ASEAN Foundation-SAP Joint Initiatives, the Website Consultant will be responsible for the overall revamping and management of the ASEAN DSE website within the period of January 2021 to 17 December 2021.
In order to be suitable for this position, the candidate must have knowledge of and proven ability in website development as well as demonstrate creative approach to visual and/or multimedia presentation of information. Additionally, the candidate must possess professional competence and mastery of subject matter; be conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
|1. Revamping the current ASEAN DSE website with the following changes/adjustments:|
– Some necessary contents (files, videos, forms, datasets, etc.) from the existing website migrated to the new website
– Moving pictures on homepage
– ASEAN DSE Organisers able to upload contents (articles, photos, videos) to the website independently
– Updated/uploaded contents (news, photos, videos, files) to appear on homepage
– Re-structuring of the contents within the existing website for the new website
– Amendment of font style
– Registration form to be simplified
– Submission system to be adjusted allowing participants to get notifications of submission and re-submission and avoiding any empty files
– Submission system to be adjusted allowing the Organisers to filter all submitted storyboards by countries and download all storyboards at once (avoiding the Organisers to download the storyboard one by one)
– Scoring system to be adjusted allowing the Organisers to amend the scores submitted independently
– Scoring system to be adjusted enabling the Organisers to stay on the page of the storyboard they are scoring after they submitted the scores
|21 December 2020 – 30 January 2021|
|2. Updated registration format||By 31 January 2021|
|3. Updated storyboard submission page||By 31 January 2021|
|4. Updated scoring form/system||By 31 January 2021|
|5. Investigated, reported, and resolved issues||21 December 2020 – 13 December 2021|
Note that timelines are subject to change
All information pertaining to this assignment belong to the ASEAN Foundation, which the consultant may come into contact with in the performance of his/her. Duties under this assignment shall remain the property of the ASEAN Foundation and SAP who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission of the ASEAN Foundation in line with the national and International Copyright Laws applicable.