Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
1. Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
2. Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
3. Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The main purpose of the Web Application Developer is to develop a web-based application Workshop Budgeting and Travel system and this position will report to the IT Manager. The application is expected to be done in 3 months (60 days).
• Analyze various user requirements based on project needs
• The development of the applications using the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) method
• Develop a web-based application Workshop budgeting and Travel System using Oracle Application Express (APEX)
• Develop features needed by users according to input provided by stakeholders and improvement of security systems
• Provides user management functions that include the authority to access certain menus/features (view, edit, delete) and roles as data entry or verification, etc.
• Provides guideline and training material for user
Further information regarding other duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
• Has integrated and distributed expertise in web-based applications
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in the field of distributed system development
• Has expertise in the design and development of document-based databases, object and relation orientation
• Familiar with PL/SQL and Oracle Application Express (APEX)
• Exposure to Database concepts and Oracle Database
• Exposure with Oracle RESTful API Service
• Experience in designing software applications using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from requirements analysis through testing and deployment
• Understanding of gender equality and social inclusion issues
Further Information & Application
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au