We are looking for a creative and motivated person, eager to learn and face challenges. Excellent writing skills in Bahasa Indonesia, and good English are expected. She/he is proactive and has a strong interest in wildlife conservation. Suitable candidates will be offered a long-term employment with a full contract after the volunteer phase. Thus, we are aiming for a person that would be principally ready to continue working with us after the completion of the first 3 months.
Location: Jambi Province. The Volunteer will be based in our offices in Jambi City and Muara Tebo Town, but field trips are part of the job description as well.
Duration: minimum 3 months, start from December 2017 (may be extended or converted into a full job contract)
- Travel allowance
- Meal allowance
- Medical assurance
- Basic accommodation during voluntary
- Salary support of IDR 1.000.000/month
- Communication & Reporting
Compile and report project activities monthly and quarterly.
Create communication material for education and public awareness events, social media, campaign video, articles, etc.
- Data Management
Manage elephant monitoring data, including GPS collar telemetry data for a Early Warning System that supports Human-Elephant Conflict Mitigation.
Manage and enter camera trap data
- Field Activities
Participate in FZS’ field activities such as elephant tracking, community events, camera trapping etc (if needed).
- Education and Awareness Event
Participate in educational activities and awareness of conservation with other division (if needed)
- Bachelor’s Degree in any major (forestry, biology, geosciences, and communication are preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and adequate communication skills in English
- Strong interest in wildlife conservation
- Knowledge of data management and visualization
- Interest in photography and videography
- Knowledge of basic graphic design and GIS software preferred
- Willing to work under difficult circumstances such as in remote areas with very limited facilities
- Ready to work independently and targeted on a variety of different project simultaneously
- Punctuality & general high work discipline