Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. We are currently looking for a Consultant to fill the following work:
Visual Communications Consultant
International Climate Initiative – Peat And Mangrove (IKI-PME) Project
(code: Visual Comms IKI-PME)
Conservation International has been working in Indonesia since 1991, under the cooperation with Ministry of Environment and Forestry, with two major programs: terrestrial (forest/landscapes) and marine (seascapes). The Project: “Mitigation, Adaptation through Conservation and Sustainable Livelihoods on Indonesia’s Peat and Mangrove Ecosystems,” is implemented by Conservation International, collaborating with the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and Wetlands International Indonesia, is part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI). The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) supports this initiative on the basis of a decision adopted by the German Bundestag. The Project is working at the national and province-level, focused in North Sumatra and West Papua, promoting action to conserve and manage the sustainability of peat and mangrove ecosystems in Indonesia. The target outcome by 2023 is to support the reduction of 30.1 million tons of CO2 by accelerating large-scale conservation (80,000 ha) and sustainable management and restoration of peat and mangrove ecosystems.
B. SCOPE OF WORK/DELIVERABLES
The Consultant will assist Program Development and Project Communications Manager to produce various communications products, including but not limited to:
- Editorial Design: Reports, Fact sheets, Booklet, Modules, White Paper, Newsletter, etc.
- Education Materials: Infographics, Poster, Flip chart, etc.
- Visual communications contents for Instagram, Facebook fan page, and website
- Short video (with simple video editing tools)
- Branding and Collateral: banner, backdrop, t-shirt, etc.
- Documentation: Video and photo (including beauty shots)
The contents (text) for all materials will be under Program’s team responsibilities; but the Consultant should make sure a high-quality of products including to get good images, footages, etc. Branding guide and communications protocol will be provided as a guidance for the Consultant. The production of communications materials will be based on the communications plan as well as ad-hoc request based on programmatic needs/priorities.
Consultant will also assist to regularly maintain Conservation International’s images and video library; and closely liaised with the team to get proper project documentation. Consultant also needs to liaise with vendor in producing the materials, i.e., printing or to get footages, etc. During this assignment, the consultant will also expect to travel to field project sites (North Sumatra and West Papua)
This consultancy service will be appointed for one year period from 12 April 2021 – 15 April 2022, with possibility of extension. The consultant will be working with Program team under the direction from Program Development and Project Communications Manager.
- Solid experience and expertise in visual communications design with proven track record in producing various communications products to different audiences.
- Advance in using various graphic design software, i.e., AI, Corel Draw, ID, Photoshop.
- Experience in producing short video (with limited footages and photos).
- Strong understanding about branding, style, etc. in communications products.
- Ability to work under pressure with limited deadline, ability to manage priorities.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote areas for photo and/or video documentation. One or two field visits will be scheduled during this appointment.
- Team player, high level attention to details, and familiar with various format/template of communications products.
- Basic understanding of social media trend and effective visual products for digital engagement.
- Experience dealing with printing vendors, production house, etc.
- Basic skills on video and photo documentation.
Candidate should submit application with the following details:
- Curriculum Vitae
Please include expected salary per month and salary history
- Portfolio (sample of design products and links to video products)
Please send your Application Letter and documents required on Point E to:
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mail with this format:
< Visual Comms IKI-PME > – <Your Name>
Closing date for the Quotation/application is March 11, 2021
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified for written test and interview).
For more information about CI, please visit our web:
Indonesia.conservation.org // www.conservation.org