Scope of Work
Project or Proposal Name: Women in Waste Economic Empowerment (WWEE)
Consultant Name: (TBD)
Consultant Title: Solid Waste Management Consultant
Yayasan Kesejahteraan Keluarga Soegijapranata (YKKS) is a non-profit organization based in Semarang. In 2022-2024, YKK is operating a grant under contract from USAID-funded Clean Cities Ocean project, implemented by Tetra Tech entitled Women in Waste Economic Empowerment (WWEE) in Semarang. This project will focus on empowering women in SWM/3R sector economically. The key activity for this project is called BBEST (Basic Business and Empowerment Skills Training), where 200 women in waste sectors in Semarang City (Informal Waste Collectors, women scrap dealers, and women from waste bank) will be put into 10 cohorts and trained on several subjects including: Solid Waste Management, Basic Business Training, Gender Based Violence, and Environmental Health & Safety. These training subjects will be delivered directly to targeted participants by YKKS trainers. YKKS will also be involved in a series of activities including developing module and curriculum for training in this project.
YKKS has been focusing on women empowerment and family welfare, thus obtains only few experience in Solid Waste Management/3R sector. To answer to that, the organizarion seeking a Solid Waste Management expert (in the form of individual or a team) as a consultant who will assist and support the organization in conducting activities related to Solid Waste Management module and curriculum development. These activities will include but not limited to developing module delivery strategies, module and curriculum delivery in Training of Trainers for YKKS trainers, as well as module adjustment troughout the project timespan.
2.0 Objective/Purpose of the SOW
The objective of this assignment is: to provide a module and curriculum on Solid Waste Management contextualized to SWM/3R in Semarang City that is suitable for women from low literacy background and to deliver proper content and curriculum to women from lowest SWM chain (Informal Waste Collector, women in waste banks/TPS3R, and women scrap dealers). The module will follow the regulation enforced by the local and national government so that the practice of Solid Waste Management that will be trained to the targeted participant will comply with the enforced regulations. The module will also contain materals regarding SWM business and strategies as to how the module will be delivered to people in SWM sectors with various and multilevel backgrounds. To make sure that the training officer will get comprehensive knowledge on the subject, SWM consultant will deliver the module content and curriculum to the training officers.
Assignment will be completed between 1st week of July until 4th week of May 2023. The consultancy starts upon the signing of the consultant contract. The timeline and schedule above should be flexible following the timeline of the project. Consultancy must follow the latest timeline of project implementation. The consultancy will end upon the submission of the final report of SWM module and curriculum.
– Master degree in environmental science, business, public policy or other related fields.
– Minimum 5 (five) years experience in the field of solid waste management practice, regulation, and business consultancy.
– Having extensive and proven knowledge on solid waste management system (3R and waste disposal/treatment), solid waste management business and regulation in Semarang City and Indonesia.
– Experience and excellent skill in module and curriculum development for solid waste management (and SWM business) training.
– Excellent skill in formulating solid waste management training methods for targeted woman participants with various level of literacy backgrounds including those with low literacy level.
– Excellent skill in spoken and written English and able to engage in discussion with various sector in the project for module and curriculum development.
– Ability to meet the target of module and curriculum development according to project timeline with excellent result.
– Preferably residing in Semarang City and other closeby areas/cities and able to travel frequently to Semarang for module and curriculum development discussion and delivery.
– Excellent skill in module delivery and able to deliver module in Training of Trainer settings
– Extensive experience and skill in module and curriculum that has been formulated into Training of Trainer settings.
– This consultancy might be conducted by individual or team
– Applying the principal of non-discrimination as an individual and professional
– Displays age, race, cultural, and gender sensitivity in conducting activities related to consultancy
– Upholding principal to have zero tolerance on Gender Based Violence
4.0 Technical Coordination
YKKS will coordinate the logistics of the consultancy and in coordination with WWEE National Coordinator will oversee the consultant agreement and approve consultant deliverables prior to full payment.
Interested candidate can refer to attached document for detailed Scope of Work, Project Deliverables & Timeline, and proposal submission due date.