Job Title : Liaison Officer for Working Group 1, NCT-SSTC Secretariat
Duty Station : NCT-SSTC Secretariat, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bappenas, Ministry of
Finance, Ministry of State Secretariat
Initial Duration : February – July 2018 (6 months)
Project : US-Indonesia Partnership for South-South and Triangular Cooperation
To enhance its capacity for conducting the South-South Cooperation (SSC) programs and activities, Government of Indonesia (GOI) has established the National Coordination Team of SSC (NCT-SSC) which is consist of four major ministries engaged in the management of Indonesia’s SSC. Since its establishment, NCT-SSC has worked closely with USAID in various manners including: studies for formulating standard operational procedures and guidelines, designing country partnership strategy of Indonesia’s SSC for Timor-Leste, trainings in the area of report writing and journalism
At the moment, GOI is undergoing the process of establishing a single agency for SSC as mandated by the national development plan (RPJMN). The single agency is designed to integrate all the current functions of NCT-SSC and will responsible for the Indonesia’s SSC management. NCT-SSC as well as the inter-ministerial committee is making every effort for launching this new institution within the year 2018.
Under such dynamic circumstances, coordination among the NCT SSC members becomes very crucial. Considering the inadequate number of human resource within the NCT to carry out the coordinating function, the NCT has established the NCT SSC Secretariat which mainly responsible for coordinating the NCT SSC activities through better flow of information between the NCT members and stakeholders, liaising and providing administrative and substantive assistances to the NCT members. There are 4 personnel employed in the Secretariat, i.e. Coordinator, Liaison Officer (LO) for Working Group (WG) 1, 2 and 3. As the position of LO for WG 1 has been vacant since January 2018, we are conducting a process of selection to fill in the position. Details on the vacant position are elaborated below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
LO for Working Group 1
Support the planning of the project activities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist the Working Group 1 on capturing demand and supply management issues in the preparation of annual work plan related to NCT-SSC activities;
- Work with the Working Group 1 to ensure quality, relevance and timelines of project work plans of NCT-SSC specifically on capturing demand and supply management.
- Support the implementation of project activities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Work with Working Group and Project Principal Advisor/National Advisor of USIP-1 in supporting the development and implementation of SSC between the Government of Indonesia and related partners;
- Prepare and submit activity progress report for Working Group on a monthly basis and, or by requested, prepare other reports and briefs as required by the Working Group;
- Liaise with and act as the link between a variety of stakeholders, specifically the Working Group, partners, experts, civil society and the academic community to ensure that the project achieves the output;
- Provide information and feedback for stakeholders, specifically from internal NCT-SSC to Working Group and vice versa and to other Working Groups and stakeholders;
- Support the Working Group in organizing meetings involving related stakeholders to support the development cooperation agenda, facilitate meeting, and implementing activities, including planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Support the Working Group and Project Principal Advisor/National Advisor of USIP-1 in drafting/ revision of Terms of References (TOR) for specific activities, participation in consultant and evaluation team selection as well as technical support and feedback on the project implementation of Working Group;
- Prepare and consolidate the procurement plan and implementation for the project in accordance with Government regulation and USAID rules.
- Support facilitation and knowledge sharing in the area of SSC project, focusing on achievement of following results:
- Support the design and establishment of information system of SSC projects specifically on the Working Group activities;
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Support the documentation and systematic filing system of key documents in hard and soft copies according to audit requirement.
- Assist any duties relevant for the NCT-SSC requested by Head of Technical Team of NCT-SSC and/or Chair and Co–Chair of Working Group
- Bachelor Degree in International Relations, Political Science, Law, Social Science, Management, Development Studies, or relevant degree.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in project management;
- Experienced in working with Government and international Organizations (in particular with Bappenas, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of State Secretariat and/ or USAID);
- Have experience in bilateral and multilateral development cooperation would be an advantage;
- Have excellent project reporting and writing skills, both in Bahasa and English;
- Demonstrates strong coordinating skills, and understanding of the substantial issues of development cooperation, south–south and triangular cooperation, and administrative aspects of project management, particularly in the issues of planning and programming works plan.
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa language, spoken and written.
HOW TO APPLY:REGISTER/LOGIN to read more, it's FREE