Junior Media & Communications Officer
Full time-Service Contract with possibility extension, Jakarta based, 1 (One) Position.
Rutgers WPF Indonesia is an organization that believes that sexuality and human reproductive health should be viewed positively without being judgmental and free from violence. Our vision is to create a conducive environment (gaining support from the government and the wider community) in realizing an Indonesian society free from all forms of violence, fulfilled the rights of sexual health and reproductive rights are equal and non-discriminatory. Rutgers Indonesia also operates in some areas across Indonesia such as Lampung, DKI Jakarta, Central Java, Jogyakarta, Bali, and NTB. For more detail about the program see the link: https://www.rutgers.id/.
Currently RutgersWPF Indonesia is looking for an enthusiastic candidate for the following position and who is interested in working on SRHR issues and who is available on short notice:
The Junior Media & Communications Officer is based in Jakarta and reports directly to the Program Coordinator and Communications Officer. The incumbent will also work closely with the Project Officers in Rutgers Indonesia and Communication team in Rutgers Netherland to execute all the communication-related activities. S/He works closely with Communications Officer and all projects staffs to draft communication materials and effectively communicate Rutgers approaches, activities, outputs, and impact.
Specific responsibilities of the Junior Media and Communications Officer include but are not limited to:
- Support Communications Officer in design, execute, and refine Rutgers’s communication strategy to support an evidenced-based SRHR and SGBV approaches.
- Support all Rutgers program as it engages and develop partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Document and effectively communicate partnership activities, including participatory design and co-investment in local solutions.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of technical assistance to partners.
- Together with Communications Officer ensure all communication materials and reporting complies with the Rutgers Branding and Marketing Plan.
- Support in developing a resource mobilization plan for Rutgers Indonesia and assist to implement it
- Contribute significantly to the preparation and implementation of national and sub-national events.
- Manage all external media relations including the websites.
- Support the Communication team in coordinating the organization and delivery of major communications events
- Other duties as assigned that are consistent with the overall focus of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relation, public health, international law, political science, communication and other social and humanity studies, or related discipline.
- A minimum of one year experience in Communication activities
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of communication principles and practices
- Proven experience in event organization, ideally at transnational level
- Knowledge of print and online publication production processes
- Capacity to effectively interact with a multiplicity of stakeholders including policy makers, senior civil servants and service providers
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Computer savvy (MS Office, Adobe Pack and WordPress CMS)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, and work well with others in a fast-paced environment. Should be able to organize and prioritize own work with limited supervision
- Attention to details
- Available for frequent travels.