Open to Internal and External Candidates
Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2021/062
Position Title : Temporary Procurement and Logistic Assistant II
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : DRM/ Procurement and Logistic Unit
Classification : General service, G-5
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term contract (with possibility of extension)
Report to: National Procurement and Logistic Officer
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 24 September 2021
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
The Resources Management Unit will contribute to the monitoring and supporting the budgetary financial, human resources and other administrative functions to ensure quality, effective and efficient resources management of the Country Office. Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement and Logistic Officer (NPLO) and the overall supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO), the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for providing procurement and logistic support services to the assigned projects at IOM Indonesia.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Plan and implement the common service activities within the Jakarta office and other sub-offices in Indonesia in regard of Office Administration, Fleet, Security, and Asset/Inventory Management;
- In coordination with HR Unit, ensure that the office premises are well-maintained (e.g. general maintenance, office equipment, and coordination with building management). Responsible for the maintenance and repair of office facilities and equipment including preventing maintenance;
- Monitor all agreements and updated database in regard of common services in Indonesia: leases, insurances, maintenance services, cleaning, security and fleet (rent of vehicles);
- Coordinate the work of Fleet & Security Administration :
- Certify that the logbooks are duly filled, and information is properly maintained by drivers under supervision of Fleet & Security Assistant; verify mileage log and gasoline consumption;
- Randomly check if maintenance is required on the vehicles and make sure that the vehicles are in good working condition;
- Certify monthly fleet report of the Mission;
- Ensure timely extension of rent agreement of vehicles needed for the mission, as well as insurance for IOM owned vehicles.
- Ensure that IOM security requirements and personnel management are accomplished by the Fleet & Security Assistant and properly coordinated with the IOM Security Focal Point
- Ensures effective administrative and logistical support in connection with Common Service, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for Common Services shipments (received/sent);
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, RFPs documents, receipt of quotations
- In coordination with Front Desk/Administrative Assistant, conduct procurement process of office stationery supplies
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
- Maintain records of all transaction, ensuring that an efficient filling system for record of all quotations, copies of records of expenditure, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept;
- Ensure that all procurement activities are done through PRISM (SAP) system and ensure that the proper IOM administrative procedures and standards for follow up, canvassing, bidding, ordering and stock keeping are strictly adhered to;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Business Administration, Logistics, Management with minimum 3 (three) years relevant work experience, or;
- Completed High School from an accredited academic institution, with 5 (five) years of relevant professional experiences.
- Indonesian National with good knowledge and experiences in administration, logistics, and procurement, preferably have experiences in procurement and logistics at IOM.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyses and interpret source information and data.
- Have knowledge and experiences in SAP is an advantage.
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services
- Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM
- High level of computer literacy is required, Good knowledge of MS-Office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: https://indonesia.iom.int/sites/indonesia/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application through by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2021/062) as subject. The deadline for applications is 24 September 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered