Open to Internal and External Candidates
Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2022/017 REISSUED
Position Title : Project Assistant III
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : Counter Trafficking/ Labour Mobility and Human Development (CT/LMHD)
Classification : General Service, Grade G-6
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term contract (with possibility of extension)
Report to : National Programme Officer
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 08 July 2022
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of large IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter-Trafficking/Labour Mobility and Human Development (CT/LMHD), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
The Counter Trafficking and Labour Mobility and Human Development (CT/LMHD) Programme works alongside and contributes to the strengthened capacities of government partners at the national and sub-national level, civil society organizations, international organizations, and the private sector to enhance measures to combat human trafficking and to promote safe labour migration. Under the direct supervision and guidance of the National Programme Officer (NPO) and the overall Deputy Chief of Mission, the Project Assistant III will provide specialized technical and administrative support for the implementation of ongoing IOM Indonesia’ Counter-Trafficking project titled “Advancing Measures to Adjudicate Trafficking in Person and to Protect Victims of Trafficking (AMPUH)”.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinate and follow up all aspect operational and administrative activities as well as to ensure IOM administrative procedures are followed.
- Assist National Programme Officer in monitoring and overseeing the day to day budgetary and financial function in accordance with IOM’s rules, regulation and procedures.
- Provide specialized assistance in planning and implementation of the project; identify and analyze potential implementation issues; as well as assist in planning and designing of activities, balance, tracking sheet, and report on overspent and underspent items, among others.
- Prepare draft donor report and other reporting documents and coordinate with relevant IOM offices on reporting matters (including report submission) as well as on any other request for project amendment and extension if needed.
- Assist the NPO with quality control of all project deliverables both content and format-wise, assure timely and complete donor reporting including financial reporting and budget monitoring for the project.
- Identify potential project ideas in relation to counter trafficking and labour migration related issues and provide assistance in the development of project proposal in coordination with IOM Indonesia’s Project Development Office and Finance Unit.
- Under guidance from NPO provide support senior management in maintaining the strategic liaison with local, national, donors, and international state and non-state actors including private sector for on-going and future counter-trafficking project activities.
- Assist NPO to monitor allocation of resources, both human and financial and other day to day operations and propose adjustments as necessary.
- Assist the NPO with additional cross-cutting project implementation tasks, as follows:
- Undertake representational duties in project-related functions (workshops, seminars, coordination meetings, etc.) on behalf of NPC, as required. Draft minutes of any meetings or event attended.
- Ensure meeting minutes and monitoring reports are filed, and that all project files are maintained and kept up-to-date.
- Monitor and advise on risks to project implementation and make recommendations for risk mitigation measures as required;
- Maintain security and confidentiality of information and documents as instructed;
- Provide assistance in drafting letters of correspondence, etc as necessary.
- Undertake in-country duty travel related to project implementation, monitoring, assessment and problem-solving, as requested.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Political/ Social Sciences, Law, International Relation or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least 4 (four) years of relevant working experience, or;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant working experience.
- Indonesian National with good knowledge and understanding of the migration policies and issues, and migration related programming in Indonesia;
- Professional experience in project implementation, donor liaison, operations, administration, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation is an advantage.
- Experience in liaising with government authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations;
- Experience in working with migrant workers, refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Able to manage workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standard practices. Able to work with minimum supervision and maintain composure under pressure.
- Team player and willing to travel to monitor project activities.
- Indonesian National with Good knowledge and understanding of the counter trafficking context in Indonesia
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Well versed in written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia, including the ability to explain and present technical information; able to draft written documentations in a clear and concise style in both English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Strong liaison and networking skills with state and non-state actors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools like (word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail).
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply: