OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2021/023 REISSUED
Position Title : Project Assistant II
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration
Classification : General Service, Grade G-5
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term contract with possibility of extension (the first 6 months of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
Report to: National Programme Officer
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 May 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following internal candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN
- The minimum time in post requirement is six months for such internal candidates who are incumbents of a position being advertised or confirmed for discontinuation.
- Internal candidates on short-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of six months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
The Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM) Programme works alongside and contributes to the strengthened capacities of government partners at the national and sub-national level, civil society organizations, and the private sector to enhance measures to combat human trafficking.
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (NPO) of Counter Trafficking & Labour Migration Unit, the Project Assistant will support the coordination and implementation of the overall outcomes and outputs of the CT/LM project portfolio, including IOM regional projects under its Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking (CREST) initiative.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide general support to the NPO with the daily operational coordination and implementation of IOM Indonesia’s CT/LM portfolio
- Assist in the development or revisions of project plan, timeframes and cross cutting issues related to IOM Indonesia’s portfolio on CT/LM
- In consultation with the NPO, draft project workplans and assist in the coordination of detailed project implementation outlining clear strategies for the CT/LM unit
- Draft timely reports on regular basis for internal IOM, government counterparts, and donors
- Support the NPO in preparing presentations for project consultation meetings with government, civil society, and private sector stakeholders
- In coordination with project units and colleagues, identify best practices and lessons learned and integrate those to improve project implementation as needed
- Assist NPO in preparing and participating in official visits, including donor and government delegations;
- Suggest approaches, methodologies and activities required to monitor, evaluate and comply with the donor guidelines for the units projects
- Carry out official duty travel as relevant to the abovementioned responsibilities, as necessary;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University (S1) Degree in Law, Politics, Social Science, International Relations, or a related field with minimum 3 (three) years relevant work experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with 5 (five) years of working experience.
- Professional experience in the development or implementation of counter trafficking or migration-related projects.
- Solid understanding of trafficking in persons, labour migration, and related national/regional framework and regulations.
- Solid knowledge of government structure and development planning and good experience in liaison with government agencies, donor, and INGOs/NGOs
- Proven ability to prepare comprehensive and timely report.
- A high level of personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respects for diversity, creative thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities and undertake assigned tasks with minimum supervision, manage workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standard practices.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Ability to present technical information and draft written documentations in a clear and concise manner in both languages.
- Excellent computer skill (word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail).
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link https://indonesia.iom.int/sites/indonesia/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2021/023 REISSUED) as subject. The deadline for applications is 25 May 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM. The previous applicant, no need to reapply.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered