OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2021/032 – REISSUED
Position Title : Project Assistant II
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : Labour Mobility and Human Development
Classification : General service, G-5
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term contract (with possibility of extension)
Report to: National Project Officer
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 July 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following internal candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN
- The minimum time in post requirement is six months for such internal candidates who are incumbents of a position being advertised or confirmed for discontinuation.
- Internal candidates on short-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of six months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
- Internal candidates selected through a SVN will keep their OYFT or TYFT contract and the duration of the contract will be aligned to the duration of the project and IOM policy, if the advertised position is in the same category as their current position, or will receive an SST graded contract if the position is in a different category
In addition, all applicants should meet eligibility requirements for languages, education and work experience requirements stipulated in the SVN.
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
In its labour migration programming, IOM builds capacity in labour migration management by offering policy and technical advice to national governments; supporting the development of policies, legislation and administrative structures that promote efficient, effective and transparent labour migration flows; assisting governments to promote safe labour migration practices for their nationals; facilitating the recruitment of workers, including pre-departure training and embarkation preparedness; and promoting the integration of labour migrants in their new workplace and society. Under the direct supervision of National Project Officer and the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator/Programme Manager, the Project Assistant II will support the coordination and implementation of all project activities under IOM Indonesia’s Labour Migration programmes, including under IOM-KOICA partnership on Empowering Migrant Worker Households and Strengthening Capacities at Points of Entry in Indonesia.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain coordination and relationships with government and non-government stakeholders at national and sub-national levels to ensure their continued support and engagement with the project;
- Provide support to the National Project Officer (NPO) in the daily operational coordination and implementation of IOM Indonesia’s labour migration portfolio;
- Organize the implementation of field activities within the project framework, including capacity development of government, civil society and community organizers; developing pre-departure orientation for migrants; provision of direct economic empowerment assistance and conduct of multi-stakeholder coordination meetings;
- Draft reports on regular basis for internal IOM, government counterparts, and donors in timely manner;
- Contribute to the development or revisions of project plan and activities, timeframes and cross cutting issues related to the project;
- Monitor and regularly update the NPO on the progress of project activities;
- In coordination with the NPO, actively support the monitoring of project activities, achievements, and impact at national and sub-national level;
- In coordination with the NPO and Project Admin team, prepare estimated budgets for project activities and ensure the timely submission of expenditure reports. Assist the NPO in preparing and participating in official visits, including donor and government delegations;
- Prepare minutes of meetings and draft letters as necessary;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Law, Politics, Social Science, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least 3 (three) years of relevant professional experience; or;
- Completed High School degree with at least 5 (five) years in relevant work experience
- Indonesian national with good knowledge and experience in project implementation and operations;
- Progressive experience in capacity building projects;
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- A high level of personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respects for diversity, creative thinking;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to establish priorities and undertake assigned tasks with minimum supervision. Ability to manage workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standard practices;
- Ability to present technical information and draft written documentations in a concise and timely manner in both languages;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds; and
- Excellent computer skill (word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail).
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link https://indonesia.iom.int/sites/indonesia/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2021/032 – REISSUED) as subject. The deadline for applications is 25 July 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered