Open to Internal and External Candidates
Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2021/063 REISSUED
Position Title : Project Assistant I – Field Facilitator
Duty Station : West Kalimantan (Sambas)
Organization Unit : Immigration and Border Management
Classification : General service, Grade G-4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term contract with possibility of extension (the whole period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
Report to: National Project Officer
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 October 2021
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter-Trafficking/Labour Mobility and Human Development (CT/LMHD), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
IOM’s Immigration and Border Management (IBM) Division supports Member states in improving the policy, legislation, operational systems, human resources and administrative and technical structures required to respond more effectively to diverse migration and border management challenges. IBM activities are in line with IOM’s commitment to facilitate orderly, safe and regular migration and mobility. Under the direct supervision of National Project Officer and the overall supervision of the Programme Manager, the Project Assistant I will support the coordination and implementation of all project activities under IOM Indonesia’s Labour Migration programmes, including under IOM-KOICA partnership on Empowering Migrant Worker Households and Strengthening Capacities at Points of Entry in Indonesia.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- In close coordination with the National Project Officer (NPO), provide day-to-day operational support for the implementation of the project “Empowering Indonesian Migrant Worker Households and Strengthening the Capacities at Points of Entry in Indonesia”, especially on the Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) activities on COVID-19 prevention and safe migration.
- Assist to liaise with district government and relevant other non-state actors to support implementation of project activities in the field.
- Under the guidance of National Project Officer, coordinate with the trained messengers who are communicating with their peers to raise awareness on COVID-19, safe migration, and anti-stigma.
- Provide regular field updates to supervisor and project team to inform about progress, challenges, lessons learned, and other relevant issues in the project location.
- File meeting minutes and monitoring reports and ensure that relevant project files are up to date.
- Provide administrative assistance of the implementation of project-related activities (workshops, seminars, coordination meetings, etc.) as required and prepare the draft minutes of any meetings or events attended.
- Undertake in-country duty travel related to project implementation in close supervision and guidance of NPO, as requested.
- Provide any other clerical assistance (drafting letters of correspondence, minutes of meeting, etc.) as necessary.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Communication, Political/Social Sciences, International relations, Development and experience, with minimum 2 (two) year of professional experience or or;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with 4 (four) years of relevant professional experience
- Have experience in facilitating trainings/workshops/coordination meetings and community development will be an advantage
- Have a good knowledge of labour migration and related issues in Indonesia is desirable.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyze and interpret source information and data.
- Adept at disseminating information through various forms of media, including relevant social accounts.
- High level of computer literacy is required, knowledge of IOM computerized accounting systems is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS office, specifically MS Excel.
- Good communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking.
- Having skills in graphic design, photography/video making, and editing will be an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: https://indonesia.iom.int/sites/indonesia/files/Vacancy/document/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application through by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2021/063 REISSUED) as subject. The deadline for applications is 15 October 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM. The previous applicant no need to reapply.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered