Open to Internal and External Candidates
Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2021/057 – REISSUED
Position Title : Project Administrative Assistant I
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : Disaster, Climate and Resilience Unit
Classification : General service, G-4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term contract (with possibility of extension)
Report to: Programme Coordinator
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 15 September 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following internal candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN
- The minimum time in post requirement is six months for such internal candidates who are incumbents of a position being advertised or confirmed for discontinuation.
- Internal candidates on short-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of six months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
- Internal candidates selected through a SVN will keep their OYFT or TYFT contract and the duration of the contract will be aligned to the duration of the project and IOM policy, if the advertised position is in the same category as their current position, or will receive an SST graded contract if the position is in a different category
In addition, all applicants should meet eligibility requirements for languages, education and work experience requirements stipulated in the SVN.
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
IOM’s DCR programme include in preparedness and prevention as well as in emergency response. For that IOM works alongside and contributes to strengthening the capacity of government partners and local and international counterpart including support to the national and local cluster system particularly the National Cluster on Displacement and Protection (Klasnas PP) including in supporting the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) cluster where globally, IOM is one of the lead agencies.
Under the direct supervision of Programme Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the successful candidate will be responsible for financial expenditure tracking, budgetary forecasts, financial reporting, and administrative support of the “Critical COVID-19 Responses For Migrants And Refugees In Indonesia” project.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide simultaneous administration-related assistance and maintain regular coordination on admin, finance, and logistical matters with project team and other IOM staff, as well as with external stakeholders, to ensure that all the project activities run appropriately.
- Ensure that all administrative and logistics arrangements for project activities such as seminars/conferences, meetings, presentations, and other activity are carried out efficiently and effectively in coordinative manner with relevant internal parties and in line with IOM procedures and processes, including necessary paper requirements, travel and hotel arrangements, travel authorization of staff and trip itineraries when necessary.
- Create and maintain an efficient filing system of all financial and other supporting documents for the project implementation.
- Track payment record, receive, verify and check all incoming invoices/official receipts for payments of project-related activities and ensure that it has valid supporting documents; reconcile eligible project expenditures and commitments incurred under a project portfolio; handles petty cash requirements and reimbursement of approved project expenditures.
- Provide data for a prompt and accurate financial tracking, financial record keeping and financial reporting for all project activities and verify all financial records are in accordance with IOM standards. This includes weekly PRF, payment, PO tracking, financial report, commitment tracking report, daily operational balance, tracking sheet, and report on overspent and underspent items, among others.
- Provide data for financial projections, for the appropriate and efficient use of budget. This includes forecast of future non-cost extension, weekly summary report, among others.
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator, prepare budget for project activities, control budget and analyze variances between budget and actual expenditures.
- Monitor cash advance requests and outstanding amount of project staff and ensure that all settlements are submitted in timely manner. Follow up with staff when required.
- Perform PRISM roles as assigned on a timely basis.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Accounting or related field from an accredited academic institution with at least 2 (two) years of relevant professional experience; or;
- Completed High School degree with at least 4 (four) years in relevant work experience.
- Indonesian national with good knowledge of, and experience in project administration implementation and operational;
- Working experience in UN agencies will be preferable;
- Have relevant training and field experience, specifically in IOM accounting systems
- Attention to detail;
- Have ability to manage workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standard practices;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyze and interpret source information and data;
- High level of computer literacy is required especially database and spreadsheet; knowledge of IOM computerized accounting systems is an advantage;
- Well versed in written and oral communication skills in English and Indonesian, including the ability to explain and present technical information; able to draft written documentations in a clear and concise style in both English and Indonesian.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: https://indonesia.iom.int/sites/indonesia/files/Vacancy/document/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application through by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2021/057) as subject. The deadline for applications is 15 September 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered