Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2021/004
Position Title : Programme Support Clerk
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : PSU
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G-3
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term contract up to 30 June 2021 with possibility of extension (the whole period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
Report to : Programme Support Officer
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 27 January 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Support Officer and under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the incumbent will provide assistance to the Programme Support Unit (PSU) in its support of the mission’s project development, reporting, and implementation.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Programme Support Officer, become familiar with IOM Indonesia programmes and the wider migration management challenges in Indonesia and the Asia Pacific region;
- Provide support in the drafting and proofreading of concept notes, project proposals, and other related documents on migration related programming in coordination with the PSU team and relevant units;
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Support Officer to review donor reports, and coordinate with IOM Regional Office for Asia-Pacific and project teams for report endorsement;
- Ensure that all project documents (narrative, budget, donor contract, reports, endorsement notifications, external correspondence with donor and partners, etc.) are complete and properly filed in the mission’s files;
- Ensure PSU files are maintained and kept up-to-date;
- Provide any other clerical assistance (drafting letters of correspondence, meeting minutes, talking points, etc.) as necessary;
- Ensure the mission’s project timeline is regularly updated and accurate.
- Undertake duty travel relating to project assessment, liaison with counterparts, monitoring and new project development, as required;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Social and Political Science, International Relations, Migration Studies, or any other relevant disciplines with minimum 1 (one) year relevant work experience; or
- Completed High School degree with at least 3 (three) years in relevant work experience.
- Professional experience and familiarity with migration issues and/or international organizations in Indonesia, especially IOM Indonesia.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyze and interpret source information and data.
- High level of computer literacy is required.
- Good knowledge of MS office.
- Good communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered
- Salary Offer -