OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2021/039
Position Title : Programme Assistant I (Communications)
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : Programme Support Unit
Classification : General Service, G-4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term contract with possibility of extension (the whole period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
Report to: National Media and Communications Officer
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 17 June 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following internal candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN
- The minimum time in post requirement is six months for such internal candidates who are incumbents of a position being advertised or confirmed for discontinuation.
- Internal candidates on short-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of six months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
- Internal candidates selected through a SVN will keep their OYFT or TYFT contract and the duration of the contract will be aligned to the duration of the project and IOM policy, if the advertised position is in the same category as their current position, or will receive an SST graded contract if the position is in a different category
In addition, all applicants should meet eligibility requirements for languages, education and work experience requirements stipulated in the SVN.
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
The Programme Support Unit contributes to the wide-ranging work of the mission, primarily in the areas of programme development and partnerships, donor reporting, and communications. Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission and the supervision of the Programme Support Officer, the incumbent will provide assistance in the mission’s overall visibility, communications, and public outreach activities
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Communicate with the Project Managers to follow up on project updates and coordinate with the project team if necessary.
- Participate in the organization of public awareness and advocacy campaigns with project teams, partner organizations and relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in the creation of digital content and posts for the Mission’s social media accounts and website and other communications-related tasks as needed such as photography, videography, storytelling, and event implementation – particularly the development of high-quality photographs, videos and other audio-visual storytelling mediums – and scheduling social media posts.
- Assist in the layout of mission publications, donor or institutional periodic reports, and project factsheets, when required.
- Gather, prepare and disseminate public information on activities related to migrant human rights.
- Assist with translating social media posts into Bahasa Indonesia and English and respond to Indonesian messages and comments received on social media channels in coordination with the NMCO.
- Assist in editing and translating human interest stories and other project related materials between Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Support the implementation of IOM’s branding policy by ensuring all public materials, such as reports, info sheets, banners, and other products are produced in line with IOM graphic guidelines and donor visibility requirements, and ensure a proper and regular distribution of IOM visibility materials to partners, diplomatic missions and other relevant institutions in Indonesia.
- In coordination with NCMO and Programme Managers, participate in implementing communications and public relations activities of IOM Indonesia by support organization of the public events, drafting press briefing notes, news stories, articles and images for the Mission’s website showing IOM’s work in the country.
- Monitor partner institutions’ and donors’ social media pages for amplification of common messaging, such as for international commemoration days.
- Assist with research into social media advertising and monitoring of success rates.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Arts, Development Studies, Behavioral Sciences, International Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with at least two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree with at least 4 (four) years in relevant work experience.
- Proven knowledge in media and communications
- Excellent writing skills in a number of different styles/tones including impeccable spelling and grammar in Indonesian and English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and other Microsoft applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Suites, particularly Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Illustration, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Premiere.
- Strong understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms and Apps
- Proven strong organizational skills and practical experience of how-to multi-task, prioritize and work independently
- Knowledge of donor reporting guidelines a plus
- Working experience in development or humanitarian environment is desirable
- Proficient in Adobe Suites, particularly Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Illustration, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Premiere (mandatory)
- Excellent photography and videography skills
- Excellent digital marketing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinker and planner
- Confident in producing work across multiple platforms
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adhere to IOM style guide
- Ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be a problem-solver
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link https://indonesia.iom.int/sites/indonesia/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application through by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2021/039) as subject. The deadline for applications is 17 June 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered