OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Reference No. : VN/ID10/2021/006 REISSUED
Position Title : National Programme Officer (CT & LM)
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : Counter Trafficking & Labour Migration
Classification : National Officer, Grade B
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term Contract (the first six months shall be considered as probation period)
Report to: Chief of Mission
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18 June 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following internal candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates on regular or fixed-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of eighteen months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN
- The minimum time in post requirement is six months for such internal candidates who are incumbents of a position being advertised or confirmed for discontinuation.
- Internal candidates on short-term contracts should meet the minimum time in post requirement of six months or more at the time of the closing of the SVN.
- Internal candidates selected through a SVN will keep their OYFT or TYFT contract and the duration of the contract will be aligned to the duration of the project and IOM policy, if the advertised position is in the same category as their current position, or will receive an SST graded contract if the position is in a different category
In addition, all applicants should meet eligibility requirements for languages, education and work experience requirements stipulated in the VN.
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
The Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM) Programme works alongside and contributes to the strengthened capacities of government partners at the national and sub-national level, civil society organizations, international organizations, and the private sector to enhance measures to combat human trafficking. Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, the National Officer will be responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, and development of Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM) programme activities in Indonesia.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinate and ensure timely and successful implementation of related projects within the CT/LM unit, including strategy development, donor liaison, stakeholder engagement, as well as comprehensive reporting including financial and budgetary expenditure, in line with IOM guidelines and donor reporting requirements.
- Support the Chief of Mission in building strategic partnerships among government, non-government and private sector, and UN partners in relation to CT/LM programming and the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration.
- Undertake duty travel to monitor programme activities, deliver trainings, and represent IOM at national and international conferences/meetings on CT/LM matters.
- Liaise with relevant IOM offices (i.e. IOM Headquarters, Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, Colombo Process Secretariats, and IOM Washington) on the progress of project implementation and the review/approval of project deliverables.
- In coordination with IOM Indonesia’s Resource Management Unit (RMU), monitor and be responsible for all administrative (including staff recruitment and procurement), budgetary and financial aspects of projects in accordance with IOM rules and procedures and donor contractual terms, and anticipate any need for project amendments or extensions.
- Prepare progress and other donor reports, and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of programmes with relevant government stakeholders, donors and partners, in line with IOM project handbook and internal procedures.
- Work to provide evidence-based programme and policy recommendations; identify potential project ideas in relation to CT/LM and participate in the development of project proposals in coordination with IOM Indonesia Resource Management Unit and the Programme Support Unit.
- In close coordination with the office of Chief of Mission, liaise with various donors, international organisations, government and diplomatic authorities, and private sector actors on CT/LM-related issues and seek funding for future activities.
- Provide training, and technical assistance to IOM’s counterparts, when required, on relevant aspects related to Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM).
- Participate in relevant technical working groups of UN Country Team, including results groups of the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2021-2025 (UNSDCF).
- Supervise and mentor staff; conduct performance appraisal of the staff using the IOM Staff Evaluation System (SES); and actively identify and promote training needs of the staff.
- Monitor the timeliness and quality of deliverables produced by consultants engaged during delivery of CT/LM programming.
- Oversee information outreach and communications related to CT/LM programming in co-ordination with the Programme Support Unit. Ensure visibility of the donor and IOM in information and communication materials developed for projects, paying attention to accuracy, clarity and effectiveness of the materials to the targeted audience.
- Provide oversight in the management of IOM Counter Trafficking Direct Assistance Database, including the preparation of regular statistical data reports, and ensure upholding of IOM’s data protection principles.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Political, Law, Social Science, International Relations, Social Work, Public or Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum two years of relevant professional experience, or;
- University degree in the above fields with minimum four years of relevant professional experience
- Has programme management experience, including: resource management, staff coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and budgeting;
- Has experience in government liaison of the following government institutions: Coordinating Ministry of Human Development and Culture, Ministry of Women’s Empowerment and Children Protection, Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Manpower, Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries, and National Board for the Protection of Indonesian Migrant Workers, Indonesian National Police, Attorney General Office and Indonesian Supreme Court.
- Must demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of the labour migration and human trafficking context and practices in Indonesia as well as relevant policies, laws and regulations pertaining to labour migration and counter-trafficking; knowledge of IOM standards and global best practices on labour migration management and counter-trafficking a distinct advantage;
- Strong strategic and creative thinking and proven high level analytical skills; strong networking skills with international organizations, civil society organizations, donors, diplomatic authorities and any other relevant stakeholders necessary for the implementation of IOM’s activities and the development of future initiatives;
- Excellent drafting skills in both English and Bahasa Indonesia; excellent communication, negotiation, and mediation skills. Good computer skills; has ability to supervise staff; ability to work independently and within a team from varied culture and professional background.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link https://indonesia.iom.int/sites/indonesia/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above (VN/ID10/2021/006 REISSUED) as subject. The deadline for applications is 18 June 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM. The previous applicant no need to reapply.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered