Open to External Candidates
Reference No. : CFCV/ID10/2021/064
Position Title : Intern (Health Information and Administration)
Duty Station : Makassar
Organization Unit : Migration Health Division
Type of Appointment : Internship Contract
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 01 October 2021
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
IOM Indonesia aims to improve the quality of care for refugees and asylum seekers referred to IOM by the Government of Indonesia according to applicable international humanitarian and human rights standards. IOM also contributes to the increased protection of vulnerable subgroups of displaced persons, such as unaccompanied migrant children (UMCs), victims of sexual and gender-based violence, pregnant women, and the elderly, among others, through the establishment of referral mechanisms involving the active participation of specialized state and non-state service providers.
Under the direct supervision and management of the National Migration Health Officer (NMHO) in Makassar and overall supervision of Head of Sub Office/Programme Coordinator, Eastern Region in Makassar, and the Senior Migration Health Adviser (SMHA) in Jakarta, the incumbent will work in close coordination with the Programme Clerk (Health Care), Programme Assistant I (Health Care), and Programme Assistant II (Health Care) based in Makassar. The incumbent will be responsible for providing assistance on health information and administration of data collection from health service and data from health program/activity as well as from monitoring evaluation, into database analysis, and health information system including assist other migration health related activities in IOM sub office where he/she is based.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist NMHO in supporting the Programme Clerk (Health Care) for health information and database administration of medical information both paper-based and electronic of medical record from any level of health care to be linked to medical profile and statistical output.
- Assist the Programme Clerk (Health Care) to collect health service utilization data form health service provider (hospital, clinic, laboratory etc.) to be input in the database of health information system.
- With assistance of Programme Assistant (Health Care), collect data from health activity such as health promotion, education, workshop etc. to be input into the database of health information system.
- Assist the Programme Assistant (Health Care) to collect medical record from health service provider and beneficiaries and transform it into electronic medical record and upload it into database of health information.
- Assist the Health Care team in monitoring and evaluation of health programme by conducting inspection, and data collection such as for hygiene and sanitation monitoring of accommodations including food and rations.
- Compile, if necessary, and read the minute of the latest health staff meeting and the action points noted in the meetings.
- Assist the Health Care team to ensure all medical documents, old and current are scanned and saved according to the program electronic filling system and hard copies are managed or kept in line with the requirements.
- Assist the Health Care team in receiving and checking all incoming invoices from suppliers, services providers, and submit document for verify process by health team.
- Undertake any other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum under-graduate school) in statistic, public health, medical health, medical record and informatics engineer or informatics management and others at the time of application of internship;
- and/or applicants who are enrolled in a second university degree (graduate school/equivalent) or have graduated with a university degree within one year of graduation.
- Previous experience in the field of Health Information and Database Management;
- and/or applicants with background and knowledge in the field of Health Information will be highly regarded.
- Excellent computer skills (word processing, spread-sheet, database, email exchange, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), SPPS);
- Ability to write and concise reports.
Fluency in English and Bahasa, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply: