Reference No. : CFCV/ID10/2021/026
Position Title : Intern (Health Information and Administration)
Duty Station : Makassar
Organization Unit : Migration Health Division
Type of Appointment : Internship Contract for 3 (three) months, with the possibility of extension
Report to : Senior/Migration Health Physician (S/MHP)/ Head of Office
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 21 May 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Only external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. This is a request for Curricula / expression of interest for the position of Intern (Health Information and Administration). The success candidate will be offered Internship Contract. Applications from all gender candidates are encouraged.
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of the largest IOM missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter Trafficking and Labour Migration (CT/LM), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
The Migrant Care unit will focus to improve the quality of care for refugees and asylum seekers referred to IOM by the Government of Indonesia according to applicable international humanitarian and human rights standards. Under the guidance and direct supervision by Senior/Migration Health Physician (S/MHP) in Hub office (Makassar), and overall supervision by respective Programme Coordinator and Senior Migration Health Advisor (SMHA) in Jakarta the incumbent will provide assistance on health information and administration of data collection from health service and data from health program/activity as well as from monitoring evaluation, into database analysis, and health information system including assist other migration health related activities in IOM sub office where he/she is based.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist S/MHP in supporting the Programme Clerk (Health Care) for health information and database administration of medical information both paper-based and electronic of medical record from any level of health care to be linked to medical profile and statistical output.
- Assist the Programme Clerk (Health Care) to collect health service utilization data form health service provider (hospital, clinic, laboratory etc.) to be input in the database of health information system.
- With assistance of Programme Assistant (Health Care), collect data from health activity such as health promotion, education, workshop etc. to be input into the database of health information system.
- Assist the Programme Assistant (Health Care) to collect medical record from health service provider and beneficiaries and transform it into electronic medical record and upload it into database of health information.
- Assist the Health Care team in monitoring and evaluation of health programme by conducting inspection, and data collection such as for hygiene and sanitation monitoring of accommodations including food and rations.
- Compile, if necessary, and read the minute of the latest health staff meeting and the action points noted in the meetings.
- Assist the Health Care team to ensure all medical documents, old and current are scanned and saved according to the program electronic filling system and hard copies are managed or kept in line with the requirements.
- Assist the Health Care team in receiving and checking all incoming invoices from suppliers, services providers, and submit document for verify process by health team.
- Undertake any other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum under-graduate school) in statistic, public health, medical health, medical record and informatics engineer or informatics management and others at the time of application of internship; and/or applicants who are enrolled in a second university degree (graduate school/equivalent) or have graduated with a university degree within one year of graduation.
- Previous experience in the field of health information, database management and skill using database tools such as Microsoft Excel, Access or SPSS are considered an asset and will be highly regarded.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Good level of computer literacy; proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Word is required.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: http://indonesia.iom.int/sites/default/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae and minimum three referees (preferably direct academic supervisors).
Please submit your application through by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (CFCV/ID10/2021/026) as subject. The deadline for applications is 21 May 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered