Open to Internal and External Candidates
Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2023/022
Position Title : Human Resources Assistant I
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : Resources Management Unit
Classification : G-4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Contract
Report to : National Human Resources Officer
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 02 June 2023
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of IOM’s large missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter-Trafficking Labour Migration/Labour Mobility and Social Inclusion (CT-LM/LMSI), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Governance (IBG), Refugee Care, Migration Health, Migration Policy and Data Hub, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
The Resources Management Unit will contribute to the monitoring and supporting the budgetary financial, human resources and other administrative functions to ensure quality, effective and efficient resources management of the Country Office.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Resources Management Unit and the direct supervision of the National Human Resources Officer, the incumbent will act as a focal point to coordinate the staff recruitment process, training administration, and data collection area.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support recruitment processes of staff position in the mission by coordinating the publication of Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, receiving and sorting applications, arranging interviews and tests, preparing all the required documentation and materials, sending communications to candidates, contacting previous employers for reference checks, and any other related activity as assigned;
- Maintain the update of PRISM OM of the mission and maintain the organization chart manually and provide monthly report for National Human Resources Officer review;
- Support NHRO to maintain mission training database and provide reminder to maintain training compliance rate and provide monthly report on the achievement;
- Support the organization of meetings, training & learning activities and other Human Resources events by carrying out logistical activities such as arrangement of meeting facilities, equipment, materials, preparation of correspondence, and drafting and assembling of documents;
- Act as focal point for submission of annual PSUF and change in beneficiaries and update Personnel Administration focal point to update in the system;
- Verify education of new hire in DIKTI database and or contact university administration as necessary;
- Provide support to cover front desk task and HR clerks task when the incumbents are on leave;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with 2 (two) years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage;
- Experience in organizational development / talent management;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good English writing and speaking skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Familiar with Visio;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
VALUES – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
CORE COMPETENCIES – Behavioural indicators – Level 1
Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date, followed by your updated curriculum vitae / resume.
- Complete Candidate Profile in SuccessFactors including three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application through this link. The deadline for applications is 02 June 2023. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered