Open to Internal and External Candidates
Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2022/057 REISSUED
Position Title : Human Resources Assistant I
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : Resource Management Unit
Classification : G-4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Contract, with possibility of extension
Report to : National Human Resources Officer
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 November 2022
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of IOM’s large missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter-Trafficking/Labour Mobility and Human Development (CT/LMHD), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Management (IBM), Migrant Assistance, Migration Health, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
The Resources Management Unit will contribute to the monitoring and supporting the budgetary financial, human resources and other administrative functions to ensure quality, effective and efficient resources management of the Country Office.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Resources Management Officer and the direct supervision of the National Human Resources Officer, the incumbent will act as a focal point to coordinate the staff recruitment process, training administration and data collection area.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support recruitment processes of staff position in the mission by coordinating the publication of Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, receiving and sorting applications, arranging interviews and tests, preparing all the required documentation and materials, sending communications to candidates, contacting previous employers for reference checks and any other related activity as assigned;
- Maintain the update of PRISM OM of the mission and maintain the organization chart manually and provide monthly report for National Human Resources Officer review;
- Support NHRO to maintain mission training database and provide reminder to maintain training compliance rate and provide monthly report on the achievement;
- Support the organization of meetings, training & learning activities and other Human Resources events by carrying out logistical activities such as arrangement of meeting facilities, equipment, materials, preparation of correspondence and drafting and assembling of documents;
- Act as focal point for submission of annual PSUF and change in beneficiaries and update Personnel Administration focal point to update in the system;
- Maintain staff emergency contact list;
- Prepare and distribute IOM Official ID card for all staff in Jakarta and sub-offices;
- Provide support to National Human Resources Officer to setting up HR related survey;
- Verify education of new hire in DIKTI database and or contact university administration as necessary;
- Provide support to cover front desk task and HR clerks task when the incumbents are on leave;
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with 2 (two) years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage;
- Experience in organization development/talent management;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good English writing and speaking skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Familiar with Visio;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply: