Finance Assistant II (Treasury)
Type of Appointment
General Service, Grade G-5
Special Short-Term contract up to 30 June 2021 (the whole period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period).
Senior Finance Assistant (Accounting)
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||30 November 2020|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant (Accounting) and the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO), the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for checking the accuracy of all payments, invoices, official receipts before processing the requests for payment.
- Process and release duly approved and authorized cash & cheque payments and bank transfers to all vendors and staff, ensuring that signed official invoices receipts and other supporting documentation is attached to all payment requests.
- Maintain cash advance balance of each staff and vendor as well as clear them in timely manner. Ensure that all settlements are submitted on timely manner and accurate.
- Responsible for petty cash and handle petty cash requirements and reimbursements of approved expenditures of staff. Perform cash count regularly and prepare accurate cash certificate.
- Maintain cash flow and prepare an updated record of bank and cash balances for both currencies (USD and IDR).
- Verify the TEC calculation prepared by Finance Assistant I (Treasury) and supporting documents submitted by staff related to travel expense claims and ensure that IOM’s rules and regulations are followed.
- Keep daily financial record of all petty cash receipts and expenditures including bank transactions and prepare summary list of cheque issued and cancelled on monthly basis.
- Create and maintain an efficient filing system of all financial and each banking documents for as well as other supporting documents.
- Maintain the cash forecast in coordination with Senior Finance Assistant (Accounting) as well as assist on the preparation of the Mission’s monthly Funding Request.
- Handle and maintain updated record of the salary deduction for staff and consultants to be submitted to Human Resources Unit on monthly basis.
- Maintain and update the bank panel signatory for all bank accounts in IOM Indonesia, liaising with TSY for opening and closing of bank accounts.
- Generate and prepare administrative report as required.
- Bring to the attention of the supervisor any relevant treasury/travel issues and make recommendations to Senior Finance Assistant (Accounting) on improvements and efficiencies in treasury area.
- Carry out all treasury activities in compliance with treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls.
- Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff and treasury staff from Sub and Field Offices.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration with minimum 3 (three) years relevant work experience; or
- Completed High School degree with at least 5 (five) years in relevant work experience with professional certification.
- Have experience in financial management of accounts, cash handling tasks, finance/accounting, and administrative.
- Have relevant training and field experience, specifically in accounting systems.
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures, a distinct advantage.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyse and interpret source information and data.
- High level of computer literacy is required, particularly in computerized accounting systems (SAP, etc.).
- Good knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Good communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking.
- Ability to lead, coach and work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to undertake duty travel as requested.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered