OPEN TO EXTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Reference No. : CFCV/ID10/2020/035
Position Title : Consultant (for Revising SOPs on integrated services for Victims of Trafficking and witnesses of trafficking in persons cases)
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : Counter Trafficking/ Labour Migration
Duration of Contract : Short Term Consultancy, 6 (six) months
Type of Appointment : Consultancy
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 09 August 2020
Nature of the consultancy & IOM Project to which the Consultancy is contributing
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM is implementing a project titled: “AMPUH: Advancing Measures to Prosecute TIP and Protect VOTs” funded by U.S Department of State. The project’s overall goal is to contribute to the strengthening the Government of Indonesia’s efforts to effectively adjudicate trafficking in persons and other related transnational crimes through the refinement of the existing SOP on integrated services for VOTs and witnesses of trafficking in persons cases. The project will work with key Indonesian government actors primarily the National Anti-Trafficking Task Force (ATTF) and the Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection (MWECP).
Task to be performed under this contract
The consultant will be responsible to conduct the following assignment:
- Develop revised draft of SOP on integrated services for VOTs and witnesses of trafficking in persons cases, which covered area of victim protection, referral, data collection and reporting mechanisms.
- Participate in the coordination between IOM and the Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection (MWECP) and also the other member of the National Anti-Trafficking Task Force (ATTF) to obtain their input on the SOP draft, both regular and tactical meeting, national and district level.
The consultant needs to detail out methodology for the proposed activities however, the following can be considered:
- Primary resources:
Comprehensive review from the existing SOP issued by the Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection (MWECP) through Minister Regulation No 22 Year 2020, government regulation, and other ministerial/institutional regulation that prescribe the protection of victim and witnesses of trafficking in persons.
Study on the rights of the victim and witnesses from the prevailing law, including but not limited to the UU No 21/2007, KUHP, KUHAP, Law No 31/2014 on Witness on Victim Protection, National Plan of Action on the Eradication of TIP and other law; and ensure that these rights are incorporated in the SOP draft developed by the consultant.
- Supporting Information:
Information collected through discussions and interviews with representatives from the Government of Indonesia (GoI), particularly from law enforcers who directly engage with the victims and witnesses, i.e police and advocate, integrated service center both in Indonesia and in our consulate office (KBRI/KJRI) that receive case referral or report, CSOs/NGOs, and IOM experiences on assisting the victim or witnesses of trafficking in persons.
The government/organization/institution’ representatives are those who based in abroad, national, and district subject to the relevancy to the protection of victims and witnesses. The information needs to be sharpened is the challenge during the parties assisting the victim and what need to be improved in the SOP draft to increase the victims/witnesses’ protection.
Tangible and measure output of the work assignment
The consultant will be responsible for drafting SOP on integrated services for VOTs and witnesses of trafficking in persons cases. Close consultation with IOM at every step is required. The consultant will have the following deliverables but not limited to:
- First month: submitting the workplan, budget, and the result of the primary resources study and FGD concept to obtain supporting information and the proposed outline for the SOP revision
- Third month: Assessment report from the implementation of the current SOP and final draft of the SOP outline
- Forth month: submission of the final draft of the SOP.
- Fifth month: Convey the working group meeting to validate the SOP draft.
- Sixth month: Submit final draft of the revised SOP which incorporated all feedback during the validation, including comment and suggestion from IOM and Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection (MOWECP).
Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered
The total duration for this assignment is proposed 6 months (180 days).
Performance indicators for evaluation of results (value of services rendered in relation to their cost)
The quality, targeted and detailed of the work performed as established in above as well as compliance with agreed delivery dates.
Remuneration and Terms of Payment
The Consultant will receive an all-inclusive consultancy fee will be paid to the bank account indicated by the Consultant in the following instalments:
- The first instalment in the amount of 10% of the consultancy fee shall be paid upon signing off the contract.
- The second instalment in the amount of 25% of the consultancy fee shall be paid upon submission of the assessment report and proposed revision of SOP outlines
- The third instalment in the amount of 30% of the total fee shall be paid upon submission and approval by IOM and the Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection of the first draft of SOP revision.
- The final instalment in the amount of 35% of the total fee shall be paid upon submission and endorsement by IOM and the Ministry of Women Empowerment and Child Protection of the final SOP.
Reporting Lines (Type of supervision that will be provided)
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the IOM Indonesia’s National Program Officers for CT MPA Unit. As work progress, the Consultant will share expected delivery results with the NPO for her review. The IOM NPO will ensure to provide timely comments to the consultant’s work and address any Consultant’s request (i.e. additional information, government contacts, etc.)
IOM Indonesia will assist the Consultant in:
- Sharing any existing IOM materials relevant to the subject matter.
- Support in organizing a working group meeting with related stakeholders for the development of the SOP draft.
The Consultant is expected to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The consultant will need to submit technical and financial proposal in ENGLISH.
Each Submission Must Include the Following:
- Consultant Profile: A brief summary of the consultant’ expert, including records on past experience in similar assignments and name of the references.
- Technical Proposal with detailed methodology, tools, proposed module outlines, sample and methods used in each phase, workplan covering phases and processes of implementation.
- Sample of previous work.
- Financial Proposal listing all costs associated with the assignment. In particular, the financial proposal should itemize the following: Consultancy fees in local or USD currency per day and Variable costs inclusive of transportation costs, printing of study tools; research team (if applicable); meeting/FGDs/KIIs costs.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/experiences required:
The proposed consultant(s) should have following competence.
- At least Master’s in law/social science with 5 years of experiences or Bachelor’s in Law/social science with minimum 8 years of experience in the development sector and specific experience in the developing of SOP, legal drafting, victim/witness assistance, involve in the facilitating government initiative, and liaison with the government or law enforcers.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to produce outputs as per agreed deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to draw lessons from relevant international, regional and national practices and processes of the trafficking in persons cases adjudication.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in English and good analytical, drafting skills.
HOW TO APPLY