OPEN TO EXTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Reference No. : CFCV/ID10/2021/018 – REISSUED
Position Title : Consultant (for Development of a Guideline and Toolkit on TIP Situation Assessment)
Duty Station : Jakarta
Organization Unit : Counter Trafficking/Labour Migration
Duration of Contract : Consultancy Contract, four months (120 days)
Type of Appointment : Consultancy
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 13 April 2021
- Nature of the consultancy & IOM Project to which the Consultancy is contributing
Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing service and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM is implementing a project titled: “Building Effective Responses Against Trafficking and Smuggling in Indonesia (BERANTAS)” funded by U.S Department of State: The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) which one of the project’s outcomes is to support GOI and service providers in utilizing evidence-based information in formulating integrated responses to TIP and migrant smuggling in Indonesia (Provinces of North Sumatera, Riau Islands, and North Kalimantan). For that reason, IOM will develop guidelines and toolkits on how to assess TIP situation. The guidelines will enhance the government’s capacity, especially its national and sub-national ATTF in producing the TIP Profile and Situation Report.
The guidelines will emphasize the assessment methodologies, questionnaires and data analysis plan, data processing and reporting, procedural consideration, data protection mechanism and principles. In addition, the guidelines will be rolled out through a three-day workshop on the TIP Assessment and Reporting attended by the representatives of the national ATTF and the representatives of sub-national ATTF from border and areas of origin of the victim of trafficking (VOT).
- Task to be performed under this contract
The consultant will be responsible to conduct the following assignment:
- Prepare activity and budget plan for development of a guideline and toolkit on TIP situation assessment.
- Identify existing data sources both national and regional related to TIP Profiling Methodology.
- Develop an outline for the Guidelines and Toolkits on How to develop TIP Profiling/Situation report.
- Develop the guidelines and toolkits for TIP Profiling which covering the recommendation on assessment methodologies, how to set up questionnaires and data analysis plan, data processing and reporting mechanism, particular consideration related to data protection, security and safety and etc.
- Facilitate working group meeting with National Anti-Trafficking Task Force to gain the feedback and input from the first draft of the guidelines and toolkits ‘Incorporated all the feedback obtained from the workshop into final product of the guidelines and toolkits on TIP Profiling.
- Lead the roll-out workshop to introduce the guidelines as well as to enhance the knowledge and skills of the ATTF officer in conducting TIP Profiling.
- Tangible and measure output of the work assignment
With close coordination with IOM, the consultant will have the following deliverables (both in Bahasa Indonesia and English):
- First month: Submission of the Inception Report covering outline of the guidelines and toolkits for Developing TIP Profiling, list on existing sources and workplan.
- Second month: Submission of the first draft of the Guidelines which has been reviewed by IOM.
- Third month: Facilitated the workshop for the ATTF to gain the feedback from the National ATTF and the submission of the Final Product of the Guidelines and Toolkits.
- Fourth month: Facilitates roll out training for the ATTF members on how to develop TIP Profiling Report.
- Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered
The total duration for this assignment is proposed 4 months (120 days).
- Performance indicators for evaluation of results (value of services rendered in relation to their cost)
The quality targeted and detailed of the work performed as established in above as well as compliance with agreed delivery dates.
- Remuneration and Terms of Payment
The Consultant will receive an all-inclusive consultancy fee will be paid to the bank account indicated by the Consultant in the following instalments:
- The first instalment in the amount of 20% of the consultancy fee shall be paid upon submission of inception report packages
- The second instalment in the amount of 30% of the consultancy fee shall be paid upon submitting the first draft of the guidelines and toolkits on developing TIP Profiling that has been endorsed by IOM
- The third instalment in the amount of 30% of the total fee shall be paid upon submission and acceptance by IOM of the final version of the guidelines and toolkits on developing TIP Profiling
- The fourth instalment in the amount of 20% of the total fee shall be paid upon the delivering of the roll out training.
- Reporting Lines (Type of supervision that will be provided)
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the IOM Indonesia’s National Program Officers for CT/MPA Unit. As work progress, the Consultant will share expected delivery results with the NPO for her review. The IOM NPO will ensure to provide timely comments to the consultant’s work and address any Consultant’s request.
IOM will assist the Consultant in:
- Sharing any existing IOM materials relevant to the subject matter
- Sharing any relevant contact of IOM counterparts
- Consultant’s Workplace
The Consultant is expected to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Required Documents
The consultant will need to submit technical and financial proposal in ENGLISH.
Each submission must include the following:
- Consultant Profile: a summary of the consultant’ expertise, including records on experience in similar assignments and name of the references.
- Technical Proposal with detailed process and useful techniques used in developing the guidelines and toolkits on how to assess TIP situation training session, as well as workplan.
- Sample of relevant previous work
- Activity Plan Proposal describing the activities and timeline during consultancy for development of a guideline and toolkit on TIP situation assessment
- Financial Proposal listing all costs associated with the assignment. In particular, the financial proposal should itemize the following:
- Consultancy fees in local or USD currency per day.
- Other relevant costs to the development process of the guidelines (Meetings, FGDs, etc)
- Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/experiences required:
The proposed consultant(s) should have following competence.
- At least Master’s degree in social science with 5 years of experiences or Bachelor’s in Law/social science with minimum 8 years of experience in the development sector and specific experience in the developing guidelines and information kits particularly in subject of trafficking in persons.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to produce outputs as per agreed deadlines.
- Demonstrated great understanding in assessment methodologies, questionnaires and data analysis plan, data processing and reporting, procedural consideration, data protection mechanism and principles.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in English (especially writing) as well as good analytical and drafting skills.
- Any professional experiences in trafficking in persons and safe migration is an advantage.
- HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must submit:
- A letter of interest (1-page max.), clearly specify suitability and availability date.
- Detailed Curriculum vitae. Applicants should clearly indicate information on previous work and/or experience in translating the document.
Application shall be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above CFCV/ID10/2021/018 as subject. The deadline for applications is 13 April 2021. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meet the above qualification will be considered