Open to External Candidates
Reference No. : CFCV/ID10/2023/002
Position Title : Consultant (Final Evaluation of the Project “Building Effective Responses Against Trafficking and Smuggling in Indonesia (BERANTAS))”
Duty Station : Jakarta
Duration of Contract : 2 months
Type of Appointment : Consultancy
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 27 January 2023
Since October 2020, IOM Indonesia with the support of the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) of the US Department of State, has been implementing a project titled “Building Effective Responses Against Trafficking and Smuggling in Indonesia (BERANTAS)”. The project focused on the enhanced capacities and coordination of border and law enforcement officers in Riau Islands Province, North Sumatera Province, and North Kalimantan Province to provide integrated response in identifying, investigating, and prosecuting trafficking in persons (TIP) and other related crimes at the target areas, such as migrant smuggling. The project’s overall goal is to contribute to the Government of Indonesia’s integrated response against trafficking in persons in the border region. The objective of this project is to contribute to the Government of Indonesia’s (GOI) integrated efforts to investigate perpetrators and networks involved in trafficking in persons and migrant smuggling. It will be achieved through the following three specific outcomes:
- Government of Indonesia and service providers have increased access to comprehensive evidence-based information relating to migration trends at the Indonesia-Malaysia border regions.
- Law enforcement agencies effectively investigate trafficking at the border regions in accordance with Law No. 21 year 2007.
- Community members detect indications of trafficking in persons and migrant smuggling crimes in their localities and refer the potential cases to law enforcement and service providers.
Nature of the consultancy
The final evaluation will assess the impact of the project to date in improving the whole-of-government response in addressing TIP issues. The evaluation will cover from the starting date of the project implementation until the time of the evaluation, and all relevant stakeholders at both national and targeted regions, including the Anti-Trafficking Task Force and victims of trafficking, as well as the training service providers will be interviewed for this evaluation purpose. The final evaluation will be presented in a report. Beyond providing a critical analysis of the project’s past results, the report will be forward looking with an emphasis on extracting lessons learned for the planning and design of future or similar interventions. The report will be shared with primary stakeholders, including the donor agency (Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs), national partners within the Government of Indonesia, and IOM offices.
Tasks to be Performed Under This Contract:
The consultant will be responsible to conduct the following assignment:
- Closely analyze and examine the project’s approach, methodology, and implementation strategy as well as its overall performance in fulfilling the outputs described in the project documents.
- Develop and produce the final evaluation report that will be included in the project’s final report and shared with IOM’s relevant stakeholders.
The consultant needs to provide detailed methodology for the proposed activities with the following considerations:
- The evaluator is expected to carry out this evaluation by employing a mixed method of data collection and analysis, including the qualitative and quantitative methodologies. The elaboration of the specific methodology will be proposed by the evaluator for the final approval of the project team commissioning this evaluation.
- The evaluator is expected to assess the project’s results based on OECD/DAC criteria of relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, coherence, impact, and sustainability. Consideration towards the project’s incorporation of gender sensitivity and human rights criteria will also be addressed throughout the evaluation.
Tangible and Measurable Output of the Work Assignment
The consultant will be responsible for conducting the analysis and examination of the impact of the project to date, as well as for producing a final evaluation report. Close consultation with IOM at every step is required. The consultant will have the following deliverables but not limited to:
|Inception report / Evaluation Matrix
|3 March 2023
|Evaluation data collection tools
|10 March 2023
|Outline of the evaluation report
|17 March 2023
|An evaluation brief (a 2-pager)
|7 April 2023
|Final evaluation report and its management response matrix
|28 April 2023
Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered
The total duration for this assignment is 2 (two) months/ 60 (sixty) days within period March 2023 up to April 2023.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results
The quality, targeted and detailed of the work performed as established in above as well as compliance with agreed delivery dates.
Reporting Lines (Type of supervision that will be provided)
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the IOM Indonesia’s National Program Officer (NPO) for CT/LM Unit. The NPO will ensure to provide timely comments to the consultant’s work and address any consultant’s queries related to the final evaluation activity (i.e. additional information, government contacts, etc.).
IOM will assist the Consultant in providing any existing IOM materials relevant to the subject matter. IOM will support in organizing a working group meeting with related stakeholders for the data collection purposes of the final evaluation process.
The Consultant is expected to be based in Jakarta, with in-country travel related to the assignment if needed.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/experiences required:
The proposed consultant(s) should have following competence.
- A minimum master’s degree (or equivalent advanced university degree) in Law, Political Science, Social Science, International Relations, Development Management and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Have extensive experience, with a minimum of five years in conducting monitoring and evaluation of projects. The candidate should have a good command of data collection and interviewing techniques.
- Have a thorough understanding of issues pertaining to trafficking in persons and labor migration issues, knowledge of the Indonesian context is advantageous.
- Experience in conducting participatory evaluations, gender and/or rights responsive evaluations will be advantageous
- Have strong analytical, verbal, and report writing skills in English, knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is advantageous.
- Be willing to undertake in-country travel related to the assignment.
- Experience in working with relevant governmental and non-governmental institutions and senior representatives in charge of counter trafficking in person policy and implementation in Indonesia would be a distinct advantage as well as previous experience working in an international organization.
Language: Fluency in English and Bahasa both oral and written is mandatory.
The consultant will need to submit technical and financial proposal in ENGLISH.
Each submission must include the following:
- Technical Proposal with detailed profile of consultant (education, certification, including records on previous work experience especially in similar assignments), methodology, proposed activity work plan describing the activities and timeline during consultancy /module outlines, sample of output used in each phase and processes of implementation, sample of previous work (report/training module)
- Financial Proposal listing all costs associated with the assignment in local currency (IDR (Indonesian Rupiah)). In particular, the financial proposal should itemize the following
- Consultancy fees, including additional supporting resources person per day/activity.
- Variable cost inclusive printing of study tools, banner, meeting costs (if any).
General Terms and Condition
Consultants should not assign, transfer, pledge, sub-contract or make other disposition of the consultancy contract or any part thereof, or of any of the Consultant’s rights, claims or obligations under the consultancy contract except with the prior written consent of the Organization, in conjunction with HRM (Human Resources Management). Therefore, only in limited circumstances, when approved in advance.
The technical proposals of Individual consultant shall be evaluated based on the following criteria and sub-criteria:
- Specific experience of the Consultant relevant to the assignment:
a) Candidate qualification & competence (education, certification) (5 points)
b) Experience (previous experience & sample of previous work) (10 points)
c) Knowledge of candidate on the project (relevancy of the proposal) (5 points)
Total points for criterion (1) (20 points)
- Adequacy of the proposed methodology and work plan in response to the Vacancy Notice
a) Methodology and Framework (10 points)
b) Workplan (10 points)
Total points for criterion (2) (20 points)Only candidate whose proposal having minimum score of technical proposal 25 (point (i) and (ii)) will be invited to present & clarify the proposal in an interview.
a) Methodology and Time Frame (20 points)
b) Consultant experience and background (20 points)
c) Presentation and clarification to the submitted proposal (20 points)
Total points for criterion (3) (60 points)Total points for criterion (1), (2), and (3) (100 points)
- Specific experience of the Consultant relevant to the assignment:
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit:
- A letter of interest (1-page max.) clearly specifies suitability and availability date.
- Detailed Curriculum vitae. Applicants should clearly indicate information on previous work and/or experience in translating the document.
- Complete the Personnel Data Form which can be downloaded here.
- Please submit other required document as mentioned in point 10 and please find template of technical proposal and financial proposal here.
Application shall be submitted through this link. The deadline for applications is 27 January 2023. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meet the above qualification will be considered