The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
PROGRAMME SUPPORT OFFICER
Classification Level: Officer
Posting Period : 28 February – 13 March 2018
Duty Station: Jakarta
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Seven (7) months with possible extension
To support the implementation of the Community Pandemic Preparedness Programme (CP3) by providing high quality finance, administration and reporting (financial and narrative) while contributing to the health department’s overall goals.
Job duties and responsibilities
Support to the Implementation of the Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness Initiative
1. Grant Management
• Manage agreements with PMI and potential external partners and providers
• Ensure that projects are implemented according to the approved proposal, budget, and timeline
• Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations, Federation Secretariat policies and procedures, as well as local regulations.
• Provide guidance and assist the team in the identification of fraud and corruption risks, make recommendations for improving internal controls, and ensure follow through
• Complete financial document for recording in the IFRC system.
• Timely financial and narrative reporting, disbursement of working advances
• Support coordination, roll out, monitoring and evaluation of project activities
• Provide support to IFRC finance officer as required
• Develop and distribute monthly to donors and partners
• Compile, translate and produce meeting reports
• Support coordination, roll out, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, and ensure that activities are implemented according to the approved proposal, budget, and timeline
• Support PMI with PMER capacity building
3. Logistics and Administrative Support
• Organize meetings, trainings and knowledge sharing events with multiple global, regional, and country partners
• Support procurement processes and the recruitment of consultants and temporary staff to support programme implementation
• Provide support to PMI if required
Contribute to an effective, high quality IFRC team:
• Be flexible in your work definition according to needs and targets and improve team efficiencies and effectiveness within available resources
• Be a pro-active team member fostering a customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation, high performance and cost effectiveness
• Foster a co-creative environment with colleagues in the Secretariat, Regions and the National Societies as well actors in the relevant external environment
• Support the Health Manager and Head of CCST in strengthening financial standards in the team by contributing to: regular reports on use of funds within the CP3 programme are provided; and ensure budget needs are met and reported upon in a timely and efficient manner
Some travel within Indonesia and internationally may be required
• Finance or administrative degree or equivalent experience
• Advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in Health or equivalent professional experience is preferred
• At least 3 years working experience in the humanitarian or development sector, with a focus on organisational development, finance or movement cooperation is preferred
• Experience working in a RC/RC National Society and/or Federation/ICRC is preferred
• Programme and project management experience including planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
• Results oriented and demand driven individual, entrepreneurial, ability to lead in unprecedented and/or ambiguous situations.
• High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels.
• Fluently spoken and written English and Bahasa.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply.