The American Red Cross Indonesia Delegation is looking for qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Post Title : Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager (National Staff)
Post Level : Manager Level – G
Contract Duration : 12 months with possibility of extension
Reports to : Country Manager American Red Cross Indonesia Delegation
The American Red Cross (AmRC) helps vulnerable people and communities around the world prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters and humanitarian crises through mobilizing the power of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. We are a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). Currently the American Red Cross has several disaster preparedness and organizational development programs funded through USAID/BHA and private philanthropies and contributes funding and technical support to response operations. The American Red Cross collaborates with the Indonesia Red Cross (PMI), who is our local implementing partner. We adhere to a collective impact model in order to leverage technical, operational and cost efficiencies in partnership with our Red Cross Movement partners including IFRC in our support to further augmenting PMI’s capacities to be the most effective humanitarian organization in Indonesia.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager is responsible for strengthening MEL systems of the existing and new projects/programmes supported by AmCross. The MEL Manager will support PMI in building and implementing robust MEL systems as well as strengthening their capacity in planning, monitoring, data readiness, information management, and reporting. In addition, s/he will work closely with related stakeholders to generate learning products for the AmCross supported projects/programmes and ensure the application of the learnings.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
MEL system development and strengthening
- Responsible to develop and provide technical support in assuring maintenance of fully functioned MEL system, including standardized recording and reporting tools/formats, enabling all staffs and management level to track projects progress, achievements, results, challenges, best practice, and lesson learn.
- Lead the development of a project management information system (MIS), harnessing new information technology for the compilation, analysis, storage, and retrieval of data and knowledge for project management.
- Responsible to design and implement a comprehensive MEL system, including selection and tracking of specific indicators and targets; developing data collection methods, procedures and tools; data analysis; and regular reporting on approved indicators.
MEL technical support
- Provide technical support and recommendations to AmCross and PMI all levels for proper design and implementation of key MEL activities
- When consultants are involved, responsible to develop the comprehensive term of reference (TOR), and selection criteria as well as providing recommendations as basis for appointing external consultants and ensuring quality assurance for consultancy services and deliverables
- At proposal stage, ensure proper design of project monitoring and evaluation (development of Theory of Change, Logical Framework, MEL Plan etc.) in accordance with AmCross’ and donors’ guidelines.
- Produce or provide technical support for development of publications, such as case studies, most significant change stories, success stories, lesson learned document, and research based on project needs and planning.
- Lead collection of high-quality data to measure progress, track effectiveness, and provide continuous assessment of progress toward program targets and benchmarks.
- Support PMI in operationalize Information Management System (MIS) that includes the ability to use data for decisions and have reliably integrated data into both design and implementation.
- Regular field visits to projects sites with PMI counterparts and provide structured feedback in a way that can improve data collection/analysis and project monitoring
MEL capacity strengthening
- Strengthen the MEL capacities of AmCross and PMI personnel at all levels through training (directly facilitated or via consultants/AmCross regional and HQ experts), coaching, and supportive supervision.
- Contribute for the design of the capacity development, research and advocacy activities, ensuring its relevance and suitability both for the programme’s objectives and the local priorities, conditions and constraints.
Review of project publications and reports
- Provide feedback and guidance to all reports’ development.
- Verify data/information to ensure its consistency and accuracy so that all reports are submitted in high quality format in terms of its content, completeness, and timeframe.
- Review project publications (i.e., project summary, story, video, infographic, video graphic, poster) with provision of feedback and verification of data and content published for internal and external use.
Delegation quarterly portfolio compliance
Ensure that ECOS is properly used by project managers to upload partner’s reports and the latest updated version of verified ITTs. Continuously remind project managers to update ECOS with relevant project documents and publications in a timely manner.
Any other tasks specific to this position to be identified and agreed upon by the job holder and line-manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, public health or other development related area (required)
- Master’s degree in international development, public health or other development related area (preferable)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in program design and assessment; at least five years working directly in a M&E role required; along with a thorough familiarity with the principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Solid ability to provide team-building and high level of skill in developing, implementing, and training others in the tools needed for MEL management
- Demonstrated experience with local partner capacity building/mentoring
- Demonstrated ability to form, mentor, manage and lead a team of technical staff and volunteers to achieve common objectives
- Proven experience in development and maintenance of partnerships
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Experience of conducting knowledge management and dissemination activities on similar programs and as per contextual requirement
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership, team player with good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to communicate and negotiate clearly, effectively, and appropriately with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work effectively in dynamic and demanding operational environment and sometimes under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to facilitate participatory approaches and methodologies with cross-cultural and diverse teams
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate an awareness and commitment to GESI, CEA, PGI, Child Protection and other key policies
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and achieve results through collaboration
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in MS Office, and experience with SPSS, STATA, or other statistical analysis software
- Excellent use of mobile technology for data collection (Kobo/ODK)
- Ability to work independently and with minimum guidance
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae in English no later than June 24, 2021 to email@example.com Please indicate on the subject heading: MEL Manager American Red Cross in the subject line and include your name in all application files. Include in your application your monthly gross salary requirements in IDR and at least 3 references.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salary Offer NA