YouthWin through Economic Participation
Job Title: Project Assistant Based in Jakarta
The YouthWin through Economic Participation (YEP) program is a USAID-funded activity under the USAID Kunci Initiative aimed at workforce development for poor and vulnerable youth in Indonesia. The YEP activity will create systemic change in how, where, and what economic skills are taught to empower poor and vulnerable youth in Indonesia. By teaching foundational economic skills to poor and vulnerable youth in Indonesia, YEP will facilitate increased employment, better performance in the workplace, and greater inclusion in the economy and financial system.
Financial Markets International (FMI), in partnership with the International Youth Foundation (IYF), an INGO; the Otoritas Jasa Keuangan (OJK), Indonesia’s Securities Regulator; and various other partners is implementing this program for USAID.
The YEP activity has three overall objectives: 1) create an innovative blend of market relevant content and pedagogy that bridges the most common gaps to economic participation for poor and vulnerable youth; 2) develop effective training delivery channels across technical and vocational educational institutions to prepare poor and vulnerable youth for work in any chosen path; and 3) build cross-sector stakeholder buy into establish sustainable economic education of youth and “scale-up” at the district, provincial, and national level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Under the supervision of Chief of Party, the Project Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- In coordination with the specialists ensure the YEP project activities are met within the designated time frame and budget
- Provide administrative support for all correspondence, including drafting of letters, memos, etc. and keeping a clear and organized filing system in place for all in-bound and out-bound correspondence.
- Responsible for procurement process, i.e. project supplies and equipment’s. Arrange for control of distribution and establish/maintain appropriate inventory records.
- Provide administrative/logistic support for capacity building, meetings, seminars and/or workshop and prepare and ensure accurate Statement of Expenditures of the events
- Assist the development of budget reporting format for stakeholder receiving support from the project as well as follow up with financial reporting from stakeholder receiving support from the project;
- Coordinate closely with supports staffs to ensure adequate logistical support for program implementation;
- Establish and maintain project information systems (including paper and electronic filing systems) for administrative, financial, equipment, reporting and all other correspondence;
- Draft Letters of Agreement and short term technical assignment.
- Arrange appointments, receive visitors, organize meetings and local travel arrangements for project staff
- Clear outgoing correspondence for accuracy and conformity with established procedures before sending out, take follow-up action as required
- Participate in regular staff meetings to evaluate program performance, achievements, and review program planning
- Conduct any other duties that may reasonably be assigned by superior
- Bachelors degree in social human resource management, business management, adult education, or other relevant fields.
- At least 3 years working experience within a development organization/NGO or similar experience preferred.
- Team player and leader with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English, excellent computer skills (MS office);
- Demonstrated strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to prioritize assignments
Application DetailsREGISTER/LOGIN to read more, it's FREE