Overall Purpose of the Position:
Manage the monitoring, evaluation, analysis, and learning (MEAL) processes of the organization. Ensure effective capture and organization of the data and information, maintain the integrity of data and quality of analysis and providing timely information/ analysis to contribute to effective communications (report writing; fundraising, stories and tracking deliverables); and informed decision making by the project managers, programme/unit managers and heads; and the management team and board of the whole institution.
- Lead in the development of the MEAL systems and procedures and ensuring that the system contributes to the overall knowledge management framework and it is reliable, responsive, and practical;
- Consult with the users of the data and information to determine their (project managers, programme/unit managers, and heads; fundraisers and communications staff and the Samdhana management team and board) needs and use this as guidance for the adjustment of the MEAL systems, procedures and database assessment and customization.
- Oversee the development and regular update of the institution-wide risk management plan.
- Assess the current database (Salesforce) and compare it with other available MEAL databases to respond to number 2 above and suitability to the MEAL systems and procedure.
- Once the database is confirmed, then ensure adaptation of this to Samdhana needs and customize to capture data/ information/ results, and for generating processed data/ analysis/ knowledge for use in the project and institutional reports, communication, and fundraising activities;
- Ensure that MEAL systems and procedures are functioning and project-level MEAL meets the requirements of donors;
- Coordinate with the program/ unit and project teams on supporting their M&E and data needs; ensuring these feed into the institutional knowledge management framework and overall MEAL systems and procedures, including but not limited to track of their contribution to the institutional targets, and on generating timely reports to donors and internal decision making;
- Coordinate with project/ program teams on the conduct of the project and programme evaluation and assessment i.e. external midterm and project end evaluations, impact reviews, analysis of results and outcomes, capturing lessons learned, contributing to the development of knowledge products, and supporting the identification of channels for distribution and use of the knowledge products;
- Act as supervisor of the Data Management Assistant; the Risk Management Officer (i.e. Safeguard Officer), and other project MEL officers to ensure that necessary data/ information required to manage and mitigate risks; generate reports to users are appropriately and accurately provided on time;
- Support institutional planning and development by ensuring that the MEAL systems and procedures incorporate project and institutional assessments, track institutional targets, and generate needed data and knowledge for project/ program development and fundraising.
- Prepare monthly work plan, monthly accomplishment report, and back to office reports (BTORs) as needed;
- Monitor, document, and report on the grievance cases received by Samdhana.
- Act as project MEL as needed and perform other tasks and functions assigned by the KMRD Program Head, the Samdhana Management Team, and the board.
- Lead in developing learning platforms for the institution, its partners, and the public;
Project Management (DGM-I)
- Manage the project monitoring and evaluation system following the NEA’s M&E system;
- Ensure that necessary data/ information/ reports required to generate project reports to stakeholders are appropriately provided accurately and on time;
- Coordinate reports on M&E for NEA as well as the NSC and the World Bank as needed;
- Manage the conduct of the impact analysis of the grants and extracting lessons learned;
- Coordinate with the Communication Coordinator in updating the NEA website and other communication media forms as needed;
- Coordinate with the Communications Team in monitoring the grievances received;
- Coordinate monitoring visits/ missions by the NSC members and NEA staff as needed and in consultation with the Project Grants Coordinator;
- Coordinate external monitoring from the NEA’s and/ or consultants as needed and in consultation with the Project Manager;
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social science, international development, or related field required; Postgraduate level preferred;
- Minimum of 7 (seven) years (preferred is 10 years) of experience in the field of monitoring & evaluation and knowledge management, experience in performance measurement for developmental activities;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Previous experience developing and implementing monitoring systems (including but not limited to baseline development), data collection and analysis, database management, and knowledge management;
- Good understanding and experience in analytical processes including but not limited to ToC (Theory of Change), mind maps, LFA (Logical Framework Analysis), and in particular, the development of project indicators, means of verification, and other relevant information.
- Have skills and knowledge in using statistical tools;
- Familiar in using online data visualization software;
- Previous experience in generating data and report writing;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and teamwork, able to work with diverse peoples;
- Ability to manage difficult and challenging circumstances and be flexible;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with limited guidance;
Terms and Conditions
- Fulltime employment after satisfactory assessment
- Duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia
- Start date: Immediately