POST CODE VA-2019-03
LOCATION Jakarta, Indonesia
TYPE OF CONTRACT Service Contract
POST LEVEL SC-6
LANGUAGE REQUIRED Indonesia, English
DURATION OF INITIAL CONTRACT 12 months
APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE 18 January 2019
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the rights of every woman, man and young people to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe, every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA also support countries to make sure that people are free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
UNFPA has supported the Government of Indonesia in fulfilling the rights and needs of youth and adolescents by providing evidenced-based advocacy and supporting Government to inform youth policy through knowledge sharing. Therefore, UNFPA is looking to engage with a qualified person as the National Programme Associate (NPA) for youth and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) to provide technical assistance in coordination with government, NGOs, development partners and youth networks for better implementation of the Youth and ASRH programmes at national and subnational levels.
The NPA for Youth and ASRH will assist the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH to oversee and coordinate with the implementing partners about the programme management of overall UNFPA Youth and ASRH programmes activities. S/he will assist the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH in maintaining good coordination with government and non-government partners, other UN agencies and donor agencies, and youth networks; in ensuring timely provision of technical inputs to the Youth and ASRH programmes as per the approved Annual Work Plans (AWPs).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and direct supervision of Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH at UNFPA Country Office, the NPA for Youth and ASRH is responsible for the following:
- Ensure the implementation of the UNFPA Country Office (CO) work plan particularly on Youth and ASRH during the working period;
- Providing assistance to Implementing Partners (IPs) in providing programmatic and financial report, including:
- In close consultation with the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH, provide inputs for the proposed AWP from IPs to ensure prioritization of activities and detailed budgeting, including review Terms of References (TORs);
- Reviews the compliance between quarterly Work-plan Progress Report (WPR) with the AWP;
- Provide technical assistance to IPs to develop and ensure timely submission of the programme and financial reports (FACE, AWP and WPR) under output of Youth and Adolescent in a timely manner;
- In close consultation with the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH and other NPAs, monitors project expenditures and operate the ATLAS in daily office related to output of Adolescent and Youth programmes such as budget revision, reprogramming of activities, ERP offline preparation and requisition development;
- Review the performance and progress of the programme, identify bottlenecks and ensure necessary actions are made in a timely manner to remedy problems;
- Monitor the implementation of consolidated audit action plan and report to the Senior Management on the progress of implementing the audit recommendations;
- In close consultation with the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH providing technical assistance to coordinate the implementation of the UN joint programmes on Youth and ASRH;
- Support effective communication with and between UNFPA colleagues (including with other NPAs) at Country Office, Project Personnel, Implementing Partners and related stakeholders;
- Perform other relevant tasks assigned by UNFPA Representative.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Results-based programme development and management,
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches,
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy oriented agenda,
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in in accounting, management, administration, economic and/or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum 4 (four) years of professional experience in the realm of programme management;
- Ability to liaise and affiliate with Government, Donors, NGOs working and youth networks in the area of youth programme;
- Experience working with young people and youth networks is preferable;
- A sound knowledge/experience in working with youth and/or sexual and reproductive health issues in Indonesia is preferable;
- Strong personnel management experience and proven ability to work well in a cross-cultural team and environment;
- Strong organizational, facilitation, coordination and management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and travel frequently;
- Excellent communication and human relation skills;
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and current office software applications;
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft/ATLAS system is preferable.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.