Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have experience in finance particularly accountancy qualification?
Do you have experience in budgeting, analytical, forecasting, compliance, and reporting?
Do you have experience in working in International NGO, UN Agencies or related field?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you!
What we are looking for
We are looking for treasury finance officer who will be expected to contribute actively to the development of country financial systems & procedures and monitor their adherence at all level. To be held accountable for the accuracy of the financial information and keeping the financial system updated of the Indonesia Programme.
This role requires some skills and competencies:
- At least two years’ experience in finance work with accountancy qualifications such as bachelor’s degree in relevant field of Accounting/Finance, with demonstrable ability to produce and reconcile financial statements.
- Qualification in finance and accounting with sufficient financial management experience including budgeting, analytical, forecasting, funding coordinating, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and statutory including Indonesia’s Tax requirements.
- At least two-year experience with an NGO with similar job profile is also essential
- Team working Experience in supporting and advising teams from a distance and across a number of locations. Ability and sensitivity of working with diverse teams across different languages, cultures and locations and relationship building skills necessary to work collaboratively with others, and provide guidance on financial management issues.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in program support team, to act as key contributor to treasury finance unit, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a partially home-based role or job share.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and respond to three key questions related to your experience in finance. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. Please prepare 3 referee contacts and your salary information when applying.
Link to apply: https://bit.ly/INT8912
Closing date: 1 February 2023
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
- Salary Offer TBC