Yayasan Kesejateraan Keluarga Soegijapranata (YKKS) is a non-profit organization based in Semarang. YKKS is anticipating a grant under contract from The USAID-funded Clean Cities Blue Ocean project in Indonesia, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development to carry out effectively the project entitled, “Women in Waste Economic Empowerment: Development and Implementation of Basic Business, Empowerment Skills Training (BBEST) for Women in Waste in Semarang City.
YKKS is seeking a Training Officers who will mainly be responsible to provide training for WWEE participant along the project. She/he will report to and support Project Manager and Project Officer to ensure the achievement of project activity and delivery /output. The position will also work closely with the USAID CCBO-WWEE Coordinator based in Semarang City and Regional office.
SCOPE OF WORK/KEY DUTIES:
- Conduct Training Needs Assessments (TNA) to potential WWEE participants of women from lowest value chain of SWM/3R Sector (Informal Waste Collector, Women in Waste Bank, TPS3R, Scrap Dealer, Up Cycler) in Semarang by one-on-one interview and leading FGD meeting with the participants and stakeholders;
- Participate in Training of Trainer (ToT) conducted by John Hopkins University SEE Change Initiative and conducting contextualization process of basic business training curriculums to Semarang context based on the TNA;
- Support Solid Waste Management (SWM) consultant and USAID CCBO Gender Specialist to develop training module and coordinating with USAID CCBO throughout the process development and contextualization;
- Identify and recruit 200 training participants consists of women Informal Waste Collector, women from waste banks, TPS3R, Scrap Dealers, Up Cycler across Semarang City;
- Conduct Basic Business and Empowerments Training (BBEST) and delivering training materials consists of basic business training curriculum, solid waste management, and gender-based violence to WWEE participants;
- Maintain relations with training participants to ensure adequate and continuous participation;
- Conduct post follow up training to all participants to monitor the progress with Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer.
- Support the mentor in the mentorship program for WWEE graduate in business plan development;
- Arrange the business pitching schedule with USAID CCBO and conducting monitoring to women entrepreneur/ grant receiver with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer;
- Determining women entrepreneurs’ needs of Advanced Business Training (ABT) and conducing the development of the curriculum with ABT Consultant;
- Conducting advanced business training with assistance from consultant and ensuring participations from women entrepreneurs
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in business, environmental and social science, engineering or related fields;
- Women with minimum of 3 (three) years of experience as Trainer or Facilitator to local/ grass-root community preferably for business development on Solid Waste Management (SWM) value chain/ 3R (reduce, reuse, recycle) and environmental projects;
- Experience and ability to build and maintain relations with women from the lowest value chain of SWM/3R and stakeholders;
- Experience in working with grass-root communities in urban areas as well as able to fully engage in highly field work activities;
- Strong experience and skills in managing training classes and determining training needs and methods;
- Experience in module development and contextualization especially in the area of solid waste management, business development, and gender-based violence;
- Fluent in written and oral English;
- Preferably obtaining driving licences; willing and able to travel across Semarang to conduct recruitment, training, mentoring and monitoring
- This position will be based in Semarang City, Central Java.
We strongly encourage applications from women with disabilities, including those from diverse backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Send your resume consist of relevant past projects and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject APPLYING FOR (POSITION) FOR WWEE SEMARANG
- Fill the following form bit.ly/WWEEform