Rachel House/Yayasan Rumah Rachel is Indonesia’s first pediatric palliative home care service, helping children living with life-limiting conditions such as cancer and HIV, and their families. Rachel House also provide palliative care training programs for nurses, doctors and other health workers in palliative care, with an aim to build a palliative care ecosystem in Indonesia where palliative care is available in all levels of the health system, and accessible for all who need it.
Our vision is to never see a child live or die in pain. Our goal is to help ensure palliative care is available for all Indonesian children living with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions, enabling them to live with joy and dignity in a loving environment.
With a strong desire to contribute to positive social change and to help improve the lives of people from disadvantaged backgrounds, Rachel House’s Training and Education Coordinator will organise various palliative care training programs for health professionals and allied health professionals working in hospitals, universities, and government institutions.
Location: Slipi, West Jakarta
The scope of work will include:
- Managing Rachel House’s Learning & Development Program, starting from conducting a Learning Needs Analysis, designing and executing a program based on this analysis and evaluating the programs effectiveness
- Coordinating the preparation, implementation (event management), and evaluation of Rachel House’s training programs
- Coordinating with Rachel House’s partners in preparing and running Rachel House’s training programs
- Building and maintaining relationships with all existing and potential collaborating stakeholders related to Rachel House’s training programs
- With Rachel House’s training and education team, coordinating with the international panel of teachers to provide training Rachel House’s internal team and external partners
- Working with Rachel House’s program and services teams to design the curriculum of each training
- Maintaining and managing a library of Rachel House’s training materials
- Promoting Rachel House’s training programs to all existing and potential partners
- Building and maintaining relationships with healthcare professionals, academics, government officials, and community members who have been trained under Rachel House’s training programs
- Creating and managing Rachel House’s database for all the training and education programs, including the evaluation and impact numbers
- With Rachel House’s training and education team, Program Manager, and Finance Manager, preparing the budget and submitting the financial report of each training and education program
- Preparing reports and compiling all documentation related to Rachel House’s education and training programs
- Working closely with the Rachel House’s training and education team to create yearly strategic training program.
- Managing the mandatory training program, ensuring all employees fulfill their minimum requirement of training in order to perform their job
- Monthly salary
- Health insurance after probationary period
- Access to some of the world’s best palliative care specialists and an opportunity to learn from them
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ related experience in project management/Learning & Development/education
- Experience in implementing learning and talent development programs
- Extensive experience with program development and facilitation, learning strategy and execution
- Strong presentation skills and logical thinking process
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends, and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Demonstrated agility in a constantly changing environment and ability to cultivate strong relationships
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle a wide variety of tasks and projects concurrently, with the ability to (re)prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write for and communicate with various audiences.
- Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English, verbal and written
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good command of office suite (Word, Excel etc.).
- Familiar with cloud based applications (e.g. Google calendar, Google Drive)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Proactive attitude
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- A team player
- Diplomatic manner and ability to adapt to a range of cultures and experiences in interacting with program staff, beneficiaries, stakeholders, contacts and the public.
- A strong desire to contribute to improving the lives of people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Keen to learn about health topics, and palliative care in particular
- Willingness to travel across Jakarta for work