The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organisation which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world. For more than 40 years, GIZ has been working jointly with partners in Indonesia. Currently, GIZ works with over 300 employees in Indonesia, of whom over 80 per cent are national personnel.
Business Hub Indonesia is a project management unit within GIZ Indonesia focusing on private sector cooperation in development initiatives. Current projects under the Business Hub work directly and in cooperation with several private companies.
One of these projects is the Global Project Quality Infrastructure (GPQI) – based on a cooperation between the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy and the Indonesian Ministry of Industry to support the international harmonisation of quality infrastructures. In a world of global value chains, a well-functioning and internationally harmonized quality infrastructure is essential for efficient trade and sustainable economic growth. International cooperation on norms and standards, accreditation and conformity assessment procedures, as well as market surveillance and product safety are crucial for facilitating trade, ensuring consumer protection and strengthening innovation capacities. As a multi-stakeholder platform, the project brings together governments and experts from public and private sectors – technical organisations, associations and the industry.
Another project under the Business Hub is the Alliances for Trade Facilitation (A4TF), implemented on behalf of the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. These are trade facilitation projects are carried out in developing and emerging markets in cooperation with businesses, associations and chambers of industry and commerce, as well as customs authorities and ministries. The goal is to streamline and lower the costs of cross-border and customs processes within the framework of the WTO Agreement – for example, by introducing electronic certificates or simplification for border procedures and formalities.
To provide support in general content-related and managerial issues for the Business Hub and especially for GPQI and A4TF, GIZ is currently recruiting one Indonesian candidate for this position.
Supporting the Teams of GPQI (75%) and A4TF (25%) on organization and communication.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
General tasks and organization support
The aim of a traineeship with the GPQI and A4TF is to give the trainee an insight into the inner workings of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and its project implementation. The tasks are subject to change depending on the project activities. Thus, the trainee will participate in many project activities, not as an observer, but assisting in specific tasks (organization, research, note taking, providing critical feedback, etc.). Soft skills required in that positions include enhanced ability for teamwork, flexibility, organization, initiative, and very good communication skills.
General tasks of the intern encompass:
- Working closely with and assisting the teams of GPQI and A4TF
- Background research related to governmental programs with focus on impact for the projects.
- Attending regular and spontaneous meetings of GPQI as well as A4TF and taking meeting minutes (notes, protocols)
- Attending workshops and conferences and taking notes
- Support of public relations work for the projects (background research for articles, drafting of social media posts)
- Supporting GPQI and A4TF event organization:
- Writing invitations, responsible for being contact person for invitees.
- Keeping updated list of participants.
- Logistical support (i.e., venue, reimbursements).
- Preparation of presentations
- Taking photos
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in political science, economics, social sciences, engineering, law or a similar field; recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Skill and knowledge
- Interest and sufficient knowledge in economic and trade issues
- Excellent command in both spoken and written English
- Good communication and writing skills
- Excellent command of MS – Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams)
- Experience in literature research and preparation of meetings
- Work experience in policy advocacy and/or international cooperation will be advantage
Please note that you can only apply for this Traineeship if you are currently enrolled as a student or your graduation was no longer than one year ago.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Working Hours: 5 working days per week, 8 working hours per day
Expected Joining Date: January 2022
Internship Duration: 6 months
Direct Supervisor: Business Hub Team Leader
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and references list) to email@example.com by December 2nd, 2021 with subject line GPQI & A4TF – Traineeship.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified