The “Fund for the Promotion of Innovations in the Agri-Food Sector” (i4Ag) was established in 2020. The objectives of the fund are to identify innovations in the areas of mechanization, digitalization, renewable energies, cooperation with the business sector, and agricultural research and advisory services, to form corresponding innovation partnerships between private and/or public organisations, and to support them in testing and disseminating these innovations. This individual measure – take place in Vietnam and Indonesia – will test innovative technologies that increase water quality in shrimp production and reduce water consumption, making farming profitable while at the same time conserving resources and protecting the environment. The Indonesian innovation has the potential to build an approach for improving existing extensive mangrove-based aquaculture to be upscaled by other farmer groups, projects, and in different regions later. The regional implementation focus on North Kalimantan is highly relevant since the coastal communities are both economically vulnerable and vulnerable to climate change impacts. The activity in Indonesia is commencing with several baseline studies to be carried out.
To support the implementation of i4Ag Aquaculture activities, the project is seeking qualified 5 (five) Indonesian candidates for this position: Traineeship for Mangrove-Aquaculture Management
Experience and learn the inner working of the project and at the same time supporting the implementation and data collection for baseline studies of i4Ag Aquaculture in North Kalimantan. The trainee will gain practical experience in engaging with project partner such as shrimp farmer groups, academics, NGO, and local government.
- Assist the advisor in collecting data for land suitability assessment and mangrove diversification product in North Kalimantan;
- Assist in the planning process and implementation of set up demonstration plot in selected ponds;
- Assist in organizing the meeting and events;
- Learn and support the process of gender mapping in the shrimp farmer household;
- Learn to the planning, execution and documentations of meetings, workshops, training, seminars and other events related to integrated mangrove-aquaculture in the scope of the project;
- Learn to organize and disseminate information from the event or monitoring activity by preparing minutes of the meeting on the activities to the team members.
- Learn and exchange experiences with the experts in the project with regard to integrated mangrove aquaculture topic.
- Active student or fresh graduate with Bachelor of Science degree in Forestry or its equivalent.
- Voluntary experience in forestry survey and field work with the local community;
- Basic knowledge of mangrove ecosystem and its management;
- Good conceptual, inter-personal, communication, negotiation, coordination, facilitation and representation skills;
- Knowledge and skills about digitalization;
- Strong interest to work on issues related to gender, natural resource management, and aquaculture.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good communication, organisational and information management skills;
- Intercultural understanding is additional advantage;
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good command of Ms. Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and GIS;
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to an international working environment.
The traineeship is available for college or university student or graduated not longer than one year after graduation from a college or university
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this traineeship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than one years ago.
Duty Station: Tanjung Selor
Working Hours: 5 working days per week, 8 working hours per day
Expected Joining Date: 24 October 2022
Duration of Traineeship: 3 months
Reporting to: Advisor (on KPH development, Capacity building and Knowledge management – North Kalimantan)
Remuneration: The 5 trainees will in accordance with GIZ regulations receive a cost-of-living stipend intended to cover living expenses and accommodation if the intern basically resides outside Jakarta.
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall submit comprehensive resume and a motivation letter to: email@example.com before September 28th, 2022
Please put: i4Ag – Trainee MAM as your email subject and name the files using following format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified