Indonesia’s impressive socio-economic development over the past two decades has brought with it a substantial negative impact on the environment. The continuing lack of urban infrastructure leads to widespread congestion, excessive pressure on electricity and water supplies and causes significant environmental impacts and further increased of emissions due to pollution in urban areas. The profound need for further policy reforms and increased investment in urban infrastructure to improve the provision of public services, reduce pollution and reduce CO2 emissions will be medium-term development plan for the years 2020-2024.
Against this background, the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Indonesian Ministry for National Development Planning (BAPPENAS) agreed to launch the Indonesian – German Green Infrastructure Initiative in the framework of the bilateral government negotiations on 01.and 02. 10.2019. As part of the initiative, an additional EUR 2.5 billion will be made available for subsidized loans via the German Development Bank KfW for investments to promote environment- and/or climate-relevant infrastructure in Indonesia (Urban Public Transport, Solid Waste Management, Water and Wastewater Management). GIZ has been commissioned by BMZ with the implementation of the project Green Infrastructure Development (GID) as a Technical Cooperation assignment complimentary to the Financial Cooperation. In this context, the project aims to strengthen the Indonesian Government’s approach to the coherent identification and development of investment projects in the fields of support for the Indonesian – German Green Infrastructure Initiative.
To this end, the planning agencies of selected provincial governments, under the coordination of Ministry of National Development Planning (BAPPENAS) and the Committee for the Acceleration of Priority Infrastructure Delivery (KPPIP) under Coordinating Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Investment (CMMAI) and the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs (CMEA), in close coordination with key infrastructure financing institutions, will be supported in project development and implementation in the areas of future-oriented, climate-friendly transport turnaround, implementation of the national waste and marine waste strategy as well as in the area of climate and environmental protection in municipal of urban infrastructure.
The first stage of implementation will take place at the following provinces that have been selected by the Steering Committee namely West Java, Central Java, East Java and Bali.
During the trainee, participants will be mentored by Provincial Advisor and will be given specific assignments such:
- Support preparation of various GID activities carried out online and offline, including joint activities with GID Counterparts
- Collecting and processing data (legal, numeric, and graphic) related to urban infrastructure development in the respective Province
- Supporting Project list and Process of Project dossiers
- Supporting Sector Workshops Program conducted by GID and Counterparts
- Supporting Presentation materials and materials of press release of social media publications
- Study on green infrastructure development with 3 sectors including water and wastewater management, waste management, and urban public transport.
- Assist the Provincial Advisor in compiling data needed
- Assist the Provincial Advisor in collecting baseline survey data and radical listening at priority locations
- Assist the Provincial Advisor in compiling pre-survey and survey reports including preparation for the presentation materials
- Assist the Provincial Advisor in providing the content for the social media publications for GII website or Provincial website respectively
- Support to carry out activities or work in the field according to the direction of the Provincial Advisor
- Support Logistic preparation for the workshop/meeting
- Assist the Provincial Advisor to provide update report to the Provincial Advisor
- Assist the Provincial Advisor to provide activity report (and financial report if needed) for administrative purpose in GID.
- Fresh graduate or last semester master student in in Economics/Business, Social Science, Development Studies, Urban/Regional Development, or other related academic fields
- Have a laptop and familiar using the platform for online meetings
- Good communication, organization, writing skills, and information management skills,
- Intercultural understanding is additional advantages
- Self-motivated with time management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision, and strong willingness to learn
- Good command of Ms. Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams) and graphic software
- Good command of English skills (both written and spoken)
- Experience in literature research and expert interviews
- Have an interest in engaging in local, national and international cooperation
- Preferably active in student/public organizations or activities in Social or Urban/ Regional Development or Environment (climate change).
Please note that you can only apply for this traineeship if you are currently enrolled as a student or your graduation was no longer than one year ago.
- Duty Station: Bandung / Semarang / Surabaya / Denpasar (during COVID-19 pandemic mostly conducted virtual)
- Working Hours: 5 working days per week, 8 working hours per day
- Expected Joining Date: October 2021
- Period of Traineeship: 3 months
- Direct Supervisor: Provincial Advisor of GID
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall submit comprehensive resume and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before October 14th, 2021.
Please put: GID Trainee EJ or GID Trainee WJ or GID Trainee CJ or GID Trainee Bali as your email subject and name the files using following format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV]
Only short-listed candidates will be notified