The GIZ Energy Programme Indonesia/ASEAN supports the Indonesian Government in achieving its targets for a sustainable energy transition. These include the 23% target for Renewable energy by 2025, the Net Zero Emissions targets by 2060, achieving universal electricity access, and increasing energy efficiency. As one of the projects under the Energy Programme, the “Strategic Exploration of Economic Mitigation Potentials through Renewables “(ExploRE) Project, funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK), aims to enhance strategic options on Renewable Energies (RE) in the energy sector, climate policies, development planning, and financial sectors and to help create a more coherent environment between key players. One of ExploRE objectives is to support RE pilot project implementation in Indonesia with innovative business models and technologies that can be replicated and scaled up to make a bigger impact.
Green Cold Chain is one of the key topics under ExploRE project which mainly concerns with integrating renewable energy and energy efficiency with cold chain infrastructures. ExploRE is implementing several activities on this topic:
- Developing a study to identify appropriate RE technologies and schemes to improve cold chain access and reduce emissions (for example cold storage, and ice-making machine).
- Assessing the techno-economic aspects and business model of PV –Cold Storage.
- Initiating the pilot project of Solar Ice Maker, an innovative ice-making machine powered by fully off-grid PV system, in Kupang, NTT. This activity will be followed up by a socio-economic assessment and replication in another location.
To support the implementation of Green Cold Chain activities, ExploRE project is seeking one candidate for this position:
Trainee on Green Cold Chain
The traineeship is to assist the project in implementing relevant activities on green cold chain topics. The traineeship program will provide benefits to deepen knowledge in renewable energy topics and specifically how to integrate RE into cold chain infrastructures. Furthermore, the trainee will gain practical experience in an international working environment. As part of the traineeship program, the technical advisor will provide guidance to the trainee during his/her tenure.
As part of the learning process, the trainee will be working closely and assisting the technical advisor in the following area:
1. Support for activities on green cold chain topics
- Participate in technical meetings with project partners
- Assist in reviewing the technical documents
- Assist in developing a simplified database of cold chains for the fisheries sector
- Conduct desk studies on the utilization of RE technology in aquaculture
- Assist in the development of policy briefs / factsheets on the utilization of renewable energy in the cold chain sector
- Assist in other relevant tasks as requested
2. Support for events/ meetings
- Assist in preparing the Terms of Reference of the Event
- Assist in preparing the presentation material
- Assist in providing the minutes of the meeting (MoM)
- Assist in other tasks as requested
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Undergraduate / graduate students majoring in engineering or science degrees (recent graduates are also encouraged to apply)
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Interest and general understanding of renewable energy topic is an advantage
- Excellent research and analytical skill
- Having knowledge of supply chain management in general and/or cold chain management is an advantage
- Ability to work and adapt in a team
- Proficiency in the Indonesian and English language (reading and writing)
- Excellent command of MS – Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proficiency in English and excellent writing skills
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to an international working environment.
Please note that you can only apply for this traineeship if you are currently enrolled as a student, or your graduation was no longer than one year ago.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Working Hours: 5 working days per week, 8 working hours per day
Expected Joining Date: mid October 2022
Period of Traineeship: 6 months
Direct Supervisor: Advisor of ExploRE project
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and references list) to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23rd, 2022, with subject line ExploRE – Trainee GCC.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified